Postal Power

  • mn_chicago
    Message 1 of 4 , Apr 1 1:37 PM
      Sunday 1 April 2007

      Has anyone used this information/procedure involving the
      post office?

      About mid-way through the article, mention is made of using
      one's EIN, which, to me, is an admission of de facto
      jurisdiction. Yet, the article says elsewhere, that one's
      personal signature across a stamp shows an living human is
      the one in control.

      A dialogue is invited. Perhaps there is something more to
      learn.

      Cheers!

      mn
    • mn_chicago
      Message 2 of 4 , Apr 5 12:15 PM
        Thursday 5 April 2007

        A little more information...[I cannot cite the source]

        The Post Office and Judicial Courts were established before the seat
        of the government. On Thursday, 17 September 1789, we find written,
        "Mr Goodhue, for the committee appointed for the purpose, presented
        a bill to amend part of the Tonnage act, which was read the first time.
        The bill sent from the Senate, for the temporary establishment of the
        Post Office, was read the second and third time, and passed. The bill
        for establishing the Judicial Courts...,for establishing the seat of
        government..."

        The post office establishment of the United States is of the greatest
        importance to the people and to the government. The constitution has
        invested Congress with power to establish post offices and post roads,
        Art 1, sec 8, cl 7.

        By virtue of this constitutional authority, congress passed several
        laws anterior to the third day of March 1825, when an act, entitled
        "An act to reduce into one the several acts establishing and
        regulating the post office department," was passed. 3 Story, U. S.
        1825. It is hereby enacted, That there be established, the seat of
        the government of the United States, a general post office, under the
        direction of a postmaster general."

        When I set off a clause with commas, [this is not mn talking], I make
        sure that the sentence makes sense without that clause. Taking out
        the set-off clause, we read..."...the seat of gorvernment of the
        United States under the direction of a postmaster general."

        The creation of the post office occurs before the creation of the
        seat of government, and is placed in authority over the seat of
        government. [This material is from Universal-Legal-Technology.]

        The effect is that the government's later bankruptcies in 1859 and
        1929 have no legal effect upon the solvant Post Office.

      • one
        Message 3 of 4 , Apr 5 5:34 PM
          I would appreciate someone parsing this, specifically explaining the
          significance of the presence of the phrase, the seat of the government
          of the United States.