Re: [tips_and_tricks] Motor vehicle in AR-kansas?

  • Email41@aol.com
    Message 1 of 5 , Mar 3, 2007
      The highlighted words below are all words of art, most prior to their inclusion into the AR codes. Understand what they mean before they were used in the statute and what they mean at the federal level. The definitions only further to narrow or expand their meaning, not establish a new meaning. Read Bouvier's, Black's 1st - 4th, Ballentines Legal Thesaurus and the USSC Words and Phrases. Also read PACKARD v. BANTON, 264 U.S. 140 (1924).

      Title 27. Transportation.
      Subtitle 2. Motor Vehicle Registration And Licensing.
      Chapter 14. Registration and Licensing - Generally.
      Subchapter 2. Definitions.
      § 27-14-207. Definitions.

      As used in this subchapter:

      (6) "Motor vehicle" means every vehicle which is self-propelled
      and every vehicle which is propelled by electric power obtained
      from overhead trolley wires, but not operated upon rails;

      (8) "Vehicle" means every device in, upon, or by which any person
      or property is, or may be, transported or drawn upon a highway,
      excepting devices moved by human power or used exclusively upon
      stationary rails or tracks.

      CASE NOTES

      Subsections (a) and (b) of this section have no reference to
      boats. Weber v. State, 250 Ark. 566, 466 S.W.2d 257 (1971).

      Motor Vehicles.

      An all-terrain vehicle meets the definition of a motor vehicle as
      set out in this section, since all-terrain vehicles are
      self-propelled and do not require rails; the term motor vehicle,
      as used in § 5-65-103, also includes all-terrain vehicles. Fitch
      v. State, 313 Ark. 122, 853 S.W.2d 874 (1993).

      Where an insurance policy definition limits "motor vehicle" to one
      "designed to be used" (not merely used) on public roads, such a
      definition is narrower than that contemplated by Arkansas'
      statutory law. Nationwide Mut. Ins. Co. v. Worthey, 314 Ark. 185,
      861 S.W.2d 307 (1993).

      A Trail 70 vehicle with a 70 cc engine is a motor vehicle,
      specifically, a motor-driven cycle, and, when used upon public
      streets
      , is subject to Arkansas' registration and licensing laws.
      Nationwide Mut. Ins. Co. v. Worthey, 314 Ark. 185, 861 S.W.2d 307
      (1993).

      Cited: Rex Fin. Corp. v. Marshall, 406 F. Supp. 567 (W.D. Ark.
      1976); GECC v. McCoy, 635 F.2d 726 (8th Cir. 1980).

      **************************************
    • Moisha Pippik
      Message 2 of 5 , Mar 4, 2007

        Title 27. Transportation.
        Subtitle 2. Motor Vehicle Registration And Licensing.
        Chapter 14. Registration and Licensing - Generally.
        Subchapter 2. Definitions.
        § 27-14-207. Definitions.

        As used in this subchapter:

        (6) "Motor vehicle" means every vehicle which is self-propelled
        and every vehicle which is propelled by electric power obtained
        from overhead trolley wires, but not operated upon rails;

        (8) "Vehicle" means every device in, upon, or by which any person
        or property is, or may be, transported or drawn upon a highway,
        excepting devices moved by human power or used exclusively upon
        stationary rails or tracks.

        The above description of vehicle states person or property may be transported means that if being used for commercial use, it is a motor vehicle.  Denial of corporation is a great way to protest this use of the above definition.

        Moisha

        Bored stiff? Loosen up...
        Message 3 of 5 , Mar 5, 2007
          Moisha Pippik [mailto:moishanb@...] wrote:

          > Now, does it say for commercial activities? No, because it doens't
          > have to. It is by definition from the motor vehicles codes
          > automatically commercial.

          Other stuff is too! (Automatically commercial).

          > If you all remember in the past about being
          > in your commercial(public) capacity, or your private capacity, then
          > this will make sense.

          Guess which capacity the bank signature card and use of FRNs indicates.
          How about license plates that were APPLIED FOR?

          > The gov't and it's employees always assume we
          > are in our commercial capacity, but they can't prove it if we dispute
          > this.

          Instead of disputing it, most will proceed to prove it by providing one
          commercial indicia after another. Problem is, they don't recognize them
          as such, having been raised to be corporate assets in the corporate
          matrix themselves.

          > There is a case called Munn v. Illinois that states a man can
          > go in and out of his public and private capacities at his choice.

          It requires consciousness and appropriate actions for each capacity.
          And it happens in real time, not in scripted excuses made later. It
          requires memory too, much like playing two poker tables at the same
          time.

          > Keep up the research, and verify my comments above.
          >
          > Moisha

          Oh, you're good...real good!