Fwd: don't die

  • Faith Farm
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 26, 2007

      I am fairly sure this is a true story...

      Tim Kiley

      Begin forwarded message:

      Cancel your credit cards...THIS IS SO FUNNY
      Be sure and cancel your credit cards before you die. This is so priceless, and so easy to see happening, customer service being what it is today. A lady died this past January, and Citibank billed her for February and March for their annual service charges on her credit card, and then added late fees and interest on the monthly charge. The balance had been $0.00, now is somewhere around $60.00! A family member placed a call to Citibank:

      *a

        • Family Member: 'I am calling to tell you that she died in January.'
        • Bank: 'The account was never closed and the late fees and charges still apply.'
        • Family Member: 'Maybe, you should turn it over to collections.'
        • Bank: 'Since it is two months past due, it already has been.'
        • Family Member: So, what will they do when they find out she is dead?'
        • Bank: 'Either report her account to the frauds division or report her to the credit bureau, maybe both!'
        • Family Member: 'Do you think the Creator will be mad at her?'
        • Bank: 'Excuse me?'
        • Family Member: 'Did you just get what I was telling you - the part about her being dead?'
        • Bank: 'Sir, you'll have to speak to my supervisor.'
      Supervisor gets on the phone:
        • Family Member: 'I'm calling to tell you, she died in January.'
        • Bank: 'The account was never closed and the late fees and charges still apply.'
        • Family Member: 'You mean you want to collect from her estate?'
        • Bank: (Stammer) 'Are you her lawyer?'
        • Family Member: 'No, I'm her great nephew.' (Lawyer info given)
        • Bank: 'Could you fax us a certificate of death?'
        • Family Member: 'Sure.' (fax number is given)
      After they get the fax:
        • Bank: 'Our system just isn't set-up for death. I don't know what more I can do to help.'
        • Family Member: 'Well, if you figure it out, great! If not, you could just keep billing her. I don't think she will care.'
        • Bank: 'Well, the late fees and charges do still apply.'
        • Family Member: 'Would you like her new billing address?'
        • Bank: 'That might help.'
        • Family Member: ' Odessa Memorial Cemetery , Highway 129, Plot Number 69.'
        • Bank: 'Sir, that's a cemetery!' !
        • Family Member: 'What do you do with dead people on your planet?

      In our Lord's Service,

      Tim Kiley, caretaker, Faith Farm

      "It ain't what ya don't know that hurts ya. What really puts a hurtin' on ya is what ya knows for sure, that just ain't so." -- Uncle Remus

      In 1846, Henry David Thoreau, famous for his essay on "Civil Disobedience" was put in prison for refusing to pay taxes, based upon his principles. When his friend, Ralph Waldo Emerson came to prison to visit him he asked: "What are you doing in there?" Thoreau replied indignantly:  "What are you doing out there?"

      Timothy John Kiley is a Sovereign natural flesh and blood man, of the soil.
      All rights reserved Without Prejudice
      Sovereign's confidentiality notice; This private email
      message, including any attachment(s)is for the sole use
      of the intended recipient and may contain privileged
      and confidential information. Any/all political, private
      or public entities, International, Federal, State, or
      Local corporate government(s), private International
      Organization(s) Municipality(ies), Corporate agent(s),
      informant(s), investigator(s) et. al., and/or third party
      (ies) working in collusion by monitoring my email(s), and
      any other means of communication without my permission
      are barred from any unauthorized review, use,
      disclosure, or distribution. With explicit reservation of
      all my rights, without prejudice and without recourse to
      any of my rights. Any omission does not constitute a
      waiver of any and/or all intellectual property rights or
      reserved rights. Notice to Principle is notice to Agent,
      Notice to Agent is Notice to Principle.