Insurance Offer

  • Bob
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 25, 2007
      Greetings,

      We are attempting to formulate language in a insurance counter offer that preserves the initial offer.

      Typically when a counter offer is made, the initial offer is negated, but according to the following guide:

      "The "mirror image rule" states that if you are to accept an offer, you must accept an offer exactly, without modifications; if you change the offer in any way, this is a counter-offer that kills the original offer. However, a mere request for information is not a counter-offer. It may be possible to draft an enquiry such that it adds to the terms of the contract while keeping the original offer alive." http://www.answers.com/topic/offer-and-acceptance

      I realize that sometimes making a counter-offer will result in the insurance company withdrawing its initial offer and coming back with a smaller offer, that is what we wish to avoid, as well as any potential litigation that may arise from such activty.

      The original offer is 25K for auto and bodily damage. The damage is/may be permanent in nature.

      If anyone has info/language relative thereto - thanks

      Bob