RE: [tips_and_tricks] NO LONGER IS SS # required]

  • Dave Miner
    Message 1 of 10 , Feb 25, 2007
      That case has never been made successfully, as far as I know.  The courts have always, especially federal courts, recognized the difference between private enterprise, regardless of the info they report to the fed govt, and the fed govt itself, no matter how much info it obtains from the private sector.

      I know of no case that has successfully had a judge apply the Privacy Act, especially the section regarding the use of the SSN, to the private sector in general or to any specific private corporation in particular.  And just because a private sector corporation reports info to the fed govt, that does not make that private sector corporation a public sector entity.

      We cannot escape the fact that, if we recognize the difference between the private sector and the public sector, we cannot then ask the fed govt to apply public sector restraints on the private sector.

      Yours in financial freedom,

      Dave Miner