AR Driver License requires a SSN review

  • hobot
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 24, 2007
      A report from "Southern Girl on 1-1-'07 of Araknsas process.
      hobot

      My recent experience with renewing my driver's license in AR was a
      big surprise, although I have had a license here since 1961.
      However, the renewal now goes first through the federal Social
      Security system - a homeland security measure, I was told. So
      since my social security card has my first name and middle
      initial, and my driver's license had my middle name which I go by,
      homeland security rejected me. Even though all four clerks in the
      local AR revenue office knew me by name, I had to go home and get
      a copy of my birth certificate to prove that I was the same person
      as on my social security card. They had to fax the birth
      certificate to Little Rock to unlock the hold on my license before
      I could renew it.