Re: [tips_and_tricks] General Law City

  • Douglas Duff
    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 4, 2007
      Greetings:

      I'll let the Exhibit below explain it;

      EXHIBIT 044 - NOTICE OF NO MUNICIPAL JURISDICTION

      Below, for clarity, is copied Executive Order 12407 and reference to Executive Order 12314.
      Executive Order 12407 -- Federal Regional Councils
      February 22, 1983
      By the authority vested in me as President by the Constitution and statutes of the United States of America, and in order to eliminate a mechanism for interagency and intergovernmental coordination which is no longer needed, it is hereby ordered that Executive Order No. 12314, establishing the Federal Regional Councils, is revoked.
      Ronald Reagan
      The White House,
      February 22, 1983.
      [Filed with the Office of the Federal Register, 10:33 a.m., February 23, 1983]

      Executive Order 12314
      Federal Regional Councils
      Signed: July 22, 1981
      Federal Register page and date: 46 FR 38329; July 27, 1981
      Revokes: EO 12149, July 20, 1979
      Revoked by: EO 12407, February 22, 1983

      And, below is a quote from U.S. Supreme Court, COMMUNITY COMMUNICATIONS CO., v. BOULDER, 455 U.S. 40 (1982) 455 U.S. 40
      "Ours is a [Page 455 U.S. 40, 41] "dual system of government," Parker, supra, at 351, which has no place for sovereign cities."

      Klon Shugart <kshugart@...> wrote:
      dear members,

      I have a few questions regarding municipal corporations and their
      jurisdiction.

      The municipality to which I refer is a 'general law city' which has no
      charterwhich is in California.