[Fwd: Federal Magistrate Judge...]

  • Doug
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 3, 2007

      -------- Original Message --------
      Subject:Federal Magistrate Judge...
      Date:Fri, 02 Feb 2007 18:06:06 -0500
      From:edj <edj@...>
      To:undisclosed-recipients: ;

      I was wondering if anyone could give me some insite. Is it true that magistrate judges have no seal as required by law making thier warants, orders etc. uninforcible and void? I have been researching this and would like your opinion on  the USC section I am refering to below. If he has no seal his orders are void. I can find no evidence he has a docket or a seal. Thank you, Ed J.

                     TITLE 28--JUDICIARY AND JUDICIAL PROCEDURE

                       PART III--COURT OFFICERS AND EMPLOYEES

                     CHAPTER 43--UNITED STATES MAGISTRATE JUDGES

      Sec. 638. Dockets and forms; United States Code; seals

          (a) The Director shall furnish to United States magistrate judges

      adequate docket books and forms prescribed by the Director. The Director shall also furnish to each such officer a copy of the current edition of the United States Code.

          (b) All property furnished to any such officer shall remain the

      property of the United States and, upon the termination of his term of

      office, shall be transmitted to his successor in office or otherwise

      disposed of as the Director orders.

          (c) The Director shall furnish to each United States magistrate

      judge appointed under this chapter an official impression seal in a form prescribed by the conference. Each such officer shall affix his seal to every jurat or certificate of his official acts without fee.