Re: [tips_and_tricks] General Law City

  • gary
    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 2, 2007
      You might find the folowing link useful. It is information from a book
      called "Guide to California Government"
      http://www.smartvoter.org/gtg/ca/state/overview/municipal.html#2

      Gary

      Message 2 of 3 , Feb 4, 2007
        Greetings:

        I'll let the Exhibit below explain it;

        EXHIBIT 044 - NOTICE OF NO MUNICIPAL JURISDICTION

        Below, for clarity, is copied Executive Order 12407 and reference to Executive Order 12314.
        Executive Order 12407 -- Federal Regional Councils
        February 22, 1983
        By the authority vested in me as President by the Constitution and statutes of the United States of America, and in order to eliminate a mechanism for interagency and intergovernmental coordination which is no longer needed, it is hereby ordered that Executive Order No. 12314, establishing the Federal Regional Councils, is revoked.
        Ronald Reagan
        The White House,
        February 22, 1983.
        [Filed with the Office of the Federal Register, 10:33 a.m., February 23, 1983]

        Executive Order 12314
        Federal Regional Councils
        Signed: July 22, 1981
        Federal Register page and date: 46 FR 38329; July 27, 1981
        Revokes: EO 12149, July 20, 1979
        Revoked by: EO 12407, February 22, 1983

        And, below is a quote from U.S. Supreme Court, COMMUNITY COMMUNICATIONS CO., v. BOULDER, 455 U.S. 40 (1982) 455 U.S. 40
        "Ours is a [Page 455 U.S. 40, 41] "dual system of government," Parker, supra, at 351, which has no place for sovereign cities."