Worth Fighting a DUI!

  • Moisha Pippik
    Message 1 of 9 , Feb 2, 2007
      Steve,

      Are you looking for sympathy, or are you looking for answers? You may or may not get sympathy on this board, but you will definitely get answers. You do not have to defend you son on this board. We all have similar stories, and this is why most of us are here. There was a "light bulb" that went off in all our heads, and we have been searching for the truth ever since.

      Your original question, is a DUI worth fighting for. You have received many opinions on this. Don't use the sight to put your son on a pedestal. Use this board to get answers. Answers supported by specific experiences and fact(or as close to it as possible). Your son is not the only one that has been mistreated, abused, taken advantage of, denied due process, denied Creator given rights, denied state rights, denied federal rights, guaranteed to be protected by
      public officials who have taken an oath to uphold and protect the constitution of and for the United States of America and their states.

      There are no silver bullets per se, but you will find answers as close to silver bullets on this forum as you can find anywhere(we reference the Scriptures, as well as many other literature).
      What you and your son really need to ask yourselves is, "Do we have the time to fight for our liberties, and do we have time to ensure that those public servants are doing what their oaths
      promise"?

      Moisha

      ---------------------------------
    • Ed Siceloff
      Message 2 of 9 , Feb 2, 2007
        Steve, first and foremost, your son is like a whole lot of people in this country.  He obeys the laws, possibly blissfully ignorant that they don't even apply to him.  He's one of the good guys.  You as his father can be proud of him.  Maybe he's even better than most people.
          But, common to the group that he is a part of, he has been arbitrarily picked on by a corrupt group of government officials in order for their group of people to make money on your son.  This is an increasing tendency of an out of control government.  Your son even wants to join a military to defend such a government.  Obviously he needs to have some more learning experiences about what the government of the United States is now like.  And by government of the United States, I mean all the governing entities within the United States that share in the idea of a government that is NOT a republic in which the laws apply to the government as well as to people in particular jurisdictions.  Government today is government by the king, unanswerable to the people, actually supposedly immune from responsibility to those people.
          The floodgates have been opened to attack good people.  It matters not to government who your son is, or that he is good.  Their agents decided that they were going to make some money on him.  Altogether corrupt, but THIS is the way it is.
          Until the fathers and sons, all people like yourself, and your son, decide to do the obvious and challenge the jurisdiction of these people, and what it is they are doing, and risk the things they have, this will continue and continue and continue.
          You want to fight the trend, then don't plea bargain for something that son didn't do.  This is what your government wants ya'll to do, assent to its unjustifiable use of power.  If you assent to it, well.....you are not really looking for answers,  but only for ways to keep up other things in your lives.

        Ed
        Message 3 of 9 , Feb 2, 2007
          Since there is already an attorney, as I understand it, the following
          may be superfluous, as they don't listen to the unlearned, but may be
          useful to some other.
          All of the DUI statutes specify that a certain blood alcohol level
          confirms impairment. These levels are based on experiments, many of
          which I have reviewed. There is actually no experimentally shown
          impairment at the .08 level which the MADD women have forced into law in
          many places.
          Secondly, blood alcohol level and impairment are not universally related
          but depend on many factors such as age, gender, body fat, presence or
          absence of food or other liquid, general physical health, etc. So, far
          as I know, there are no regulations promulgated for any DUI statute
          which inform anybody how to determine his or her blood alcohol level.
          Therefore, it is impossible for a person to know what to do to comply
          with this law, other than not drink alcoholic beverages at all, and
          prohibition has been repealed ... or at least, we thought it had been.
        • gary
          Message 4 of 9 , Feb 2, 2007
            I'm a little confused about this case. I know that in the state I lived in
            until my recent move, refusal to take the breath test got you an automatic
            30 day license suspension, you didn't get convicted of DUI unless there was
            some EVIDENCE of it. Why would the average person refuse to take the test
            if merely refusing was grounds to convict you of DUI? That would be the
            same as automatically being convicted of a crime if you take the 5th and if
            that were the case, no one would take the 5th.

            Unless I missed it, Steve didn't say what state his son is in so I can't
            look it up, but I'd like to know in what state you are automatically
            convicted of DUI if you refuse the test. Anybody know?

            Gary

            Message 5 of 9 , Feb 2, 2007
              He was in Georgia. In most states now, refusing the BAC test gets you
              an 'automatic' 1 year suspension (there are a few exceptions). It is
              due to 'implied consent'. He got the DUI because, scared to death and
              not allowed to make a phone call and given the impression that he could
              be in jail for while, he went in a pleaded guilty to DUI when they had
              nothing on him! He has a hearing this coming Tuesday and we expect the
              judge to reject/reverse this guilty plea. But, even if the judge
              dismissed all the DUI charges on the court side, there is the
              administrative side run by the drivers license department which says
              'you refuse our test and you lose your license (for a year)'.
              gary wrote:

              > Unless I missed it, Steve didn't say what state his son is in so I can't
              > look it up, but I'd like to know in what state you are automatically
              > convicted of DUI if you refuse the test. Anybody know?
              >
              > .

            • ric1009
              Message 6 of 9 , Feb 3, 2007
                North Carolina carries a penalty like this; automatic license
                suspension for refusal to take a breathalyzer. I don't think it
                carries the same weight as a DUI, but I'm not sure.