Re: [tips_and_tricks] final disposition

  • 888Bail Man
    Message 1 of 5 , Dec 1, 2006
      What are you trying to accomplish? Are you trying to find the court
      where your husband was convicted so you can hire a lawyer to
      file an action to "expunge" the record? If so, a) ask your husband
      which court house in San Diego County he appeared in and b) try
      going to the California State Bar website at: http://www.calbar.ca.gov
      At their website you can search for lawyers. Find a criminal lawyer
      located close to the court house in question (to save you money)
      then call them and negotiate the fee to accomplish the objective.

      Try to get some info out of the port authority jerks. If they have a
      printout
      that shows your husband's serious conviction then they have the case
      number too! Get the case number from them as it will help you if you
      want to expunge.

      Now about these port authority security experts (badges? We don't need
      no stinking badges!) First of all what are they telling you? In order to
      qualify for a badge you cannot have a 26 year old misdemeanor? Try to
      get from them the statute or code they are claiming bars your husband
      unless he gets his record "cleared" (expunged?). Do your own research
      on that code section and see if what they are saying is correct or not.
      Next
      see if that code section provides for an administrative review/appeal
      from
      a badge denial. If so, try that route before hiring a lawyer in San
      Diego.
      Think about it, these port authority officials want to bar your husband
      from getting the badge due to a 26 (nearly 27) year old misdemeanor all
      while I'll bet they have more than one of their own that stays in their
      stinking job with either a dui or domestic violence misdemeanor
      conviction.

      Bret