Re: [tips_and_tricks] final disposition

  • Don Schwarz
    Message 1 of 5 , Dec 1, 2006

      Try this,

      Get a certified copy of the alleged back ground
      check from the ports authority with this info
      thereon.

      Now contact the Attorney General of California
      and the District Attorney of La Mesa county.

      In your letter, ask them to certify the alleged
      information in the background check and to
      return you that certification, or that no such
      record exists.

      Now give this info to the ports authority and
      have them disprove what you have provided.

      Keep copies of everything, for this will
      forever crop up for the rest of you lives.

      Also..............
      Do a "GOOGLE" of your husbands name
      and see how many other people have the
      same name. Now see if any of these
      people could be the named person
      in the alleged record.

      Here in Massachusetts, people are falsely arrested
      every day just because they have the same last
      name as someone wanted on a warrant out of
      some court somewhere.

      A man in Bellingham, Mass is suing the Town
      and the police there because he was falsely
      arrested as he had the same last name as
      someone on a warrant out of some podunk
      court somewhere.

      He is suing for $20 MILLION DOLLARS!

      At 08:37 PM 11/30/06 +0000, you wrote:

      My husband applied for a badge to enter into the ports authority. A
      back ground check indicated a petty theft charge from 1980. I have
      called every court house in La Mesa California (where the crime
      occured) and because it is so old, they can not find any record. To
      make matters worse, we now live in South Carolina, so I am having a
      difficult time trying to locate the right contact person to help me
      with this. How can we get this record cleared in order to get a badge
      from the ports authority.

      thank you,

      _
    • 888Bail Man
      Message 2 of 5 , Dec 1, 2006
        What are you trying to accomplish? Are you trying to find the court
        where your husband was convicted so you can hire a lawyer to
        file an action to "expunge" the record? If so, a) ask your husband
        which court house in San Diego County he appeared in and b) try
        going to the California State Bar website at: http://www.calbar.ca.gov
        At their website you can search for lawyers. Find a criminal lawyer
        located close to the court house in question (to save you money)
        then call them and negotiate the fee to accomplish the objective.

        Try to get some info out of the port authority jerks. If they have a
        printout
        that shows your husband's serious conviction then they have the case
        number too! Get the case number from them as it will help you if you
        want to expunge.

        Now about these port authority security experts (badges? We don't need
        no stinking badges!) First of all what are they telling you? In order to
        qualify for a badge you cannot have a 26 year old misdemeanor? Try to
        get from them the statute or code they are claiming bars your husband
        unless he gets his record "cleared" (expunged?). Do your own research
        on that code section and see if what they are saying is correct or not.
        Next
        see if that code section provides for an administrative review/appeal
        from
        a badge denial. If so, try that route before hiring a lawyer in San
        Diego.
        Think about it, these port authority officials want to bar your husband
        from getting the badge due to a 26 (nearly 27) year old misdemeanor all
        while I'll bet they have more than one of their own that stays in their
        stinking job with either a dui or domestic violence misdemeanor
        conviction.

        Bret