final disposition

  • roozie61
    Message 1 of 5 , Nov 30, 2006
      My husband applied for a badge to enter into the ports authority. A
      back ground check indicated a petty theft charge from 1980. I have
      called every court house in La Mesa California (where the crime
      occured) and because it is so old, they can not find any record. To
      make matters worse, we now live in South Carolina, so I am having a
      difficult time trying to locate the right contact person to help me
      with this. How can we get this record cleared in order to get a badge
      from the ports authority.

      thank you,
    • Pro Se
      Message 2 of 5 , Nov 30, 2006

        file a F.O.I.A. or OPEN RECORDS request
        w/ the agency..that CLAIMS
        you were arrested...

        You can file AFFIDAVITs in your defense
        that it was NO U

      • Darrell Berg
        Message 3 of 5 , Nov 30, 2006
          Find the source of the record and take measures to expunge it. Then find out the source of the
          derogatory report and challenge it. If they can't confirm the info they may have to expunge the
          record from their database.
          --- roozie61 <roozie61@...> wrote:

          > My husband applied for a badge to enter into the ports authority. A
          > back ground check indicated a petty theft charge from 1980. I have
          > called every court house in La Mesa California (where the crime
          > occured) and because it is so old, they can not find any record. To
          > make matters worse, we now live in South Carolina, so I am having a
          > difficult time trying to locate the right contact person to help me
          > with this. How can we get this record cleared in order to get a badge
          > from the ports authority.
          >
          > thank you,

          http://new.mail.yahoo.com
        • Don Schwarz
          Message 4 of 5 , Dec 1, 2006

            Try this,

            Get a certified copy of the alleged back ground
            check from the ports authority with this info
            thereon.

            Now contact the Attorney General of California
            and the District Attorney of La Mesa county.

            In your letter, ask them to certify the alleged
            information in the background check and to
            return you that certification, or that no such
            record exists.

            Now give this info to the ports authority and
            have them disprove what you have provided.

            Keep copies of everything, for this will
            forever crop up for the rest of you lives.

            Also..............
            Do a "GOOGLE" of your husbands name
            and see how many other people have the
            same name. Now see if any of these
            people could be the named person
            in the alleged record.

            Here in Massachusetts, people are falsely arrested
            every day just because they have the same last
            name as someone wanted on a warrant out of
            some court somewhere.

            A man in Bellingham, Mass is suing the Town
            and the police there because he was falsely
            arrested as he had the same last name as
            someone on a warrant out of some podunk
            court somewhere.

            He is suing for $20 MILLION DOLLARS!

            At 08:37 PM 11/30/06 +0000, you wrote:

            My husband applied for a badge to enter into the ports authority. A
            back ground check indicated a petty theft charge from 1980. I have
            called every court house in La Mesa California (where the crime
            occured) and because it is so old, they can not find any record. To
            make matters worse, we now live in South Carolina, so I am having a
            difficult time trying to locate the right contact person to help me
            with this. How can we get this record cleared in order to get a badge
            from the ports authority.

            thank you,

            _
          • 888Bail Man
            Message 5 of 5 , Dec 1, 2006
              What are you trying to accomplish? Are you trying to find the court
              where your husband was convicted so you can hire a lawyer to
              file an action to "expunge" the record? If so, a) ask your husband
              which court house in San Diego County he appeared in and b) try
              going to the California State Bar website at: http://www.calbar.ca.gov
              At their website you can search for lawyers. Find a criminal lawyer
              located close to the court house in question (to save you money)
              then call them and negotiate the fee to accomplish the objective.

              Try to get some info out of the port authority jerks. If they have a
              printout
              that shows your husband's serious conviction then they have the case
              number too! Get the case number from them as it will help you if you
              want to expunge.

              Now about these port authority security experts (badges? We don't need
              no stinking badges!) First of all what are they telling you? In order to
              qualify for a badge you cannot have a 26 year old misdemeanor? Try to
              get from them the statute or code they are claiming bars your husband
              unless he gets his record "cleared" (expunged?). Do your own research
              on that code section and see if what they are saying is correct or not.
              Next
              see if that code section provides for an administrative review/appeal
              from
              a badge denial. If so, try that route before hiring a lawyer in San
              Diego.
              Think about it, these port authority officials want to bar your husband
              from getting the badge due to a 26 (nearly 27) year old misdemeanor all
              while I'll bet they have more than one of their own that stays in their
              stinking job with either a dui or domestic violence misdemeanor
              conviction.

              Bret