Social Security

  • donmadmary
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 30, 2006
      Hello all... I have a question for the group.
      Upon filling out the Health Insurance forms where I work I put N/A on
      the line for my SS#. The office manager took it upon herself to fill
      in my SS# on the forms. I know that what she did is illegal. However,
      I do not remember where I read it. Does anybody know where I can find
      the answer?

      On a differant subject I would suggest that everybody write an FOIA to
      the Social Security Adm asking them "What section in the SS Act does
      it make it mandatory for anyone to have an SS#?
      You will receive a lengthy BS letter from them. However, the first
      sentense states "The Social Security Act does not require a person to
      have a Social Security number to live and work in the United States,
      nor does it require a Social Security number simply for the purpose of
      having one."

      I will also try to upload a file to the file section called "Opening
      Bank Accounts Without SS#" I hope it will help. You can also just give
      them a bogus number. I know one man in Kansas that had the bank
      manager enter 888-88-8888 for his SS# and the computer took it.