Person is not a live human being

  • hobot
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 18, 2006
      Judge, says here only persons can have driver lisences issued
      or must abide by posted speed limits but I just don't
      qualify for that privilage nor seek it or need it to come
      and go as I privately pleae. hobot

      The word "person" in legal terminology is perceived as a
      general word which normally includes in its scope a variety
      of entities other than human beings. See, e.g., 1 U.S.C.
      Sec. 1.
      [Church of Scientology v. U.S. Dept. of Justice]
      [ 612 F.2d 417, 425 (1979)]

      Here is the often expressed understanding from the United States
      Supreme Court, that "in common usage, the term "person" does not
      include the Sovereign, statutes employing the person are
      ordinarily construed to exclude the Sovereign." Wilson v. Omaha
      Tribe, 442 U.S. 653, 667
      (1979) (quoting United States v. Cooper Corp., 312 U.S. 600, 604
      (1941)). See also United States v. Mine Workers, 330 U.S. 258,
      275 (1947).

      Webster's dictionary reveals the origin of the word "person."
      It literally means "the mask an actor wears."
      A false or fictional front, not the raw live actor.

      "Includes" is equivent to the word "means".
      "Includes is a word of limitation. Where a general term in statute
      is followed by the word, "including" the primary import of
      specific words following quoted words is to indicate restriction
      rather than enlargement."
      Powers ex rel Dovon v Charron R.I. 135 A. 2nd 829, 832 Definitions
      - Words and Phrases page 156, under 'limitations'