Re: [tips_and_tricks] Debt collector taking wife to court without validating or verifying debt.

  • Don Schwarz
    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 1, 2006

      You should get a certified copy of the
      original just to make sure they have
      YOU as the right person!

      Put this in WRITING and send a copy to the court
      and the other party.

      Make sure conditions of the original contract
      are also there.

      PUT your objections in WRITING if this
      paper work ain't in your hands in time.

      A Boston talk show host's wife got a bill
      from someone claiming she owed money.

      All it was, was that she had the same
      last name.

      Here in Massachusetts, cops arrest people
      using a warrant, only based on the same last name!

      Sex, race or anything else doesn't count,
      just the last name.

      Thousands of people have been arrested in Mass.
      because of this, and they all have ARREST RECORDS
      just for having the same last name as someone
      named on a warrant.

      At 03:35 PM 10/1/06 +0000, you wrote:
      Court date is Oct 31,2006 for phone testimony from original creditor
      due to distance, however we were never sent a copy of original contract
      showing her signature. We only received a ledger showing things
      purchased and billing dates for each item, but no copy showing signature
      What should we do? We send validation request letter. They never
      responded with proof.

      Second previous marriage debt is for $15,000 due on a repossessed car
      that was bought for about $9,000; the debt collector is charging $1.36
      per diem for a debt over ten years old. However as of yet I haven't
      sent validation request letter, but will do soon.
      Thanks