Re: [tips_and_tricks] Debt collector taking wife to court without validating or verifying debt.

  • Joy Metcalf
    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 1, 2006
      Go to www.citizensoftheamericanconstitution.org and take a look at their presumptive letters.  I think you'll find that they'll help you build your case.

      At 03:35 PM 10/1/2006 +0000, you wrote:
      However as of yet I haven't
      sent validation request letter, but will do soon.

      Joy Metcalf   rosawoodsii@...

      "A government under the U.S. Constitution, to paraphrase columnist Joseph Sobran, would be a radical improvement over the one we have today.­Las Vegas Review Journal

    • Don Schwarz
      Message 2 of 3 , Oct 1, 2006

        You should get a certified copy of the
        original just to make sure they have
        YOU as the right person!

        Put this in WRITING and send a copy to the court
        and the other party.

        Make sure conditions of the original contract
        are also there.

        PUT your objections in WRITING if this
        paper work ain't in your hands in time.

        A Boston talk show host's wife got a bill
        from someone claiming she owed money.

        All it was, was that she had the same
        last name.

        Here in Massachusetts, cops arrest people
        using a warrant, only based on the same last name!

        Sex, race or anything else doesn't count,
        just the last name.

        Thousands of people have been arrested in Mass.
        because of this, and they all have ARREST RECORDS
        just for having the same last name as someone
        named on a warrant.

        At 03:35 PM 10/1/06 +0000, you wrote:
        Court date is Oct 31,2006 for phone testimony from original creditor
        due to distance, however we were never sent a copy of original contract
        showing her signature. We only received a ledger showing things
        purchased and billing dates for each item, but no copy showing signature
        What should we do? We send validation request letter. They never
        responded with proof.

        Second previous marriage debt is for $15,000 due on a repossessed car
        that was bought for about $9,000; the debt collector is charging $1.36
        per diem for a debt over ten years old. However as of yet I haven't
        sent validation request letter, but will do soon.
        Thanks