Re: [tips_and_tricks] Liberty Dollar 'illegal' update Yea!

  • ScrewieLo@AOL.com
    Message 1 of 5 , Sep 30, 2006
      "the US Mint issued a warning that the use of the Liberty Dollar was a 'federal crime.'"

      We should remember the old warning that it least doth mean what it most doth say.  I don't have the US Mint's September 14th warning, so I cannot study their language.  But on the surface it makes sense to me.  The Liberty Dollar is a non-government Medium of Exchange and it probably would be a crime for government to use the Liberty Dollar or to force its use upon anyone.  So the question becomes "who would be the person to whom they refer that is committing a crime if they/it used the Liberty Dollar?".

      By a simple resolution government may make the official color of ink blue-black and make it a crime to use any other color.  But that doesn't apply to you and me.

    • RAYMON Tate

        Message 3 of 5 , Oct 1, 2006
          the only  thing I could say to that is when the people wake up to the fact that the FRN's have no value  and the fact they want the government to take care of them , then it's would be their choice and they would have to follow the Fed laws drop the constitution  as that is what's going to happen. The Liberty Dollar has value as is made of  gold  or silver and I have no problem using it as I do now with others I know whom are doing the same .. you can offer it to anyone if they except that then deal with it if not and  they want FRN's then give them that.  FREE WILL FREE CHOICE = CONTRACT
          Message 4 of 5 , Oct 1, 2006
            RAYMON Tate correctly observed:

            > the problem that i have with
            > the liberty dollar is the standard of measurement for one dollar is so
            > many fines of gold or silver and the liberty dollar mints the proper
            > amount then puts a bigger face value on it like $10 or $20 when that
            > weight and measure is for one constitutional dollar.

            Yes, by doing this, they perpetuate the myth that FRNs are dollars.
            They mint a dollar, and call it $20, when the closest it is to twenty of
            anything is FRNs. And why do they need to receive so many FRNs for an
            ounce of silver? Why are they better than pre-1964 silver coin? Will
            they exchange another round ounce of silver for one of theirs? If not,
            why not? Do they only accept FRNs or credit?