Re: Pledging for Days...

  • Tim Kiley
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 3 8:55 AM
      Since the Bible is to be used in all things, we are unable to "define"
      God-fearing and fear of God in human terms. I was taught that we use the
      Bible to determine what the Bible is telling us. "Fear of God" does not
      equate with God-fearing. When the Bible refers to "fearing God", it is
      telling us to have reverance and awe for our one, true creator.

      If we try to impose worldly considerations and explanations for spiritual
      things we will come up short and confused every time.

      And zeusaphobia... ? Please.

      Tim Kiley

      zeusaphobia ("must be GOd fearing;" to wit: fear of
      > Deity). I have no reason to fear Deity. I love'em.

    • Tally Eddings
      Message 2 of 2 , Apr 4 2:31 AM
        PROVERBS tells us the meaning of "the fear of God"... is "the beginning of
        wisdom"...."to hate evil, pride and arogancy and the evil way; and the
        froward (sexually preverse, rebellious) mouth..."