Texas/Corporation/unlicensed broker activity

  • ed75904
    Message 1 of 4 , Apr 3, 2003
      I am currently in a sour deal (real estate)with a small corporation i
      thought was a real estate broker.what license are they required to
      have if buying/selling real estate and owner financing,this Corp.or
      employees has no Real Estate broker/agent,Mortgage,loan
      officer,insurance agent,or attorney license that i can find here in
      the state of texas (they are local),they advertise properties
      regularly and seems to be their main business.an estimate of 75% of
      the properties they advertise are actually ones they recently bought
      for resale and the others they are acting as broker using some
      loopholes that i want to find and close as i may file a suit against
      them for an agreement on earnest money in where in my opinion they
      defaulted,and i got ripped off,this is a commercial property.what
      loopholes might they be using to operate like this,how can i
      determine?. what kind of advertisement (how could i word it) could i
      post in newspaper that wouldnt be considered libel or they couldnt
      sue me saying i hurt their business, in an effort to find other local
      people with simular complaints or info.or that has done business with
      them.i would like to have a strong case before i present it to an
      attorney,is there possibly deceptive trade practices here,fraud?I
      think these people are doing some real shady stuff,any ideas or
      suggestions would be greatly appreciated,e-mail me at
      ed75904@...
    • Tom Kearse
      Message 2 of 4 , Apr 3, 2003
        1 do you have a contract with them?
        2 do they advertise? (this mught provide cause if they represent
        themselves as something they are not)
        3 learn and do it yourself. Unless you like getting screwed.
        > I am currently in a sour deal (real estate)with a small corporation i
        > thought was a real estate broker.what license are they required to
        > have if buying/selling real estate and owner financing,this Corp.or
        > employees has no Real Estate broker/agent,Mortgage,loan
        > officer,insurance agent,or attorney license that i can find here in
        > the state of texas (they are local),they advertise properties
        > regularly and seems to be their main business.an estimate of 75% of
        > the properties they advertise are actually ones they recently bought
        > for resale and the others they are acting as broker using some
        > loopholes that i want to find and close as i may file a suit against
        > them for an agreement on earnest money in where in my opinion they
        > defaulted,and i got ripped off,this is a commercial property.what
        > loopholes might they be using to operate like this,how can i
        > determine?. what kind of advertisement (how could i word it) could i
        > post in newspaper that wouldnt be considered libel or they couldnt
        > sue me saying i hurt their business, in an effort to find other local
        > people with simular complaints or info.or that has done business with
        > them.i would like to have a strong case before i present it to an
        > attorney,is there possibly deceptive trade practices here,fraud?I
        > think these people are doing some real shady stuff,any ideas or
        > suggestions would be greatly appreciated,e-mail me at
        > ed75904@...

        ---
      • Bradley Gilbert
        Message 3 of 4 , Apr 3, 2003
          O.K. Who are they?

          B.G.

          --- ed75904 <ed75904@...> wrote:
          > I am currently in a sour deal (real estate)with a
          > small corporation i
          > thought was a real estate broker.what license are
          > they required to
          > have if buying/selling real estate and owner
          > financing,this Corp.or
          > employees has no Real Estate
          > broker/agent,Mortgage,loan
          > officer,insurance agent,or attorney license that i
          > can find here in
          > the state of texas (they are local),they advertise
          > properties
          > regularly and seems to be their main business.an
          > estimate of 75% of
          > the properties they advertise are actually ones they
          > recently bought
          > for resale and the others they are acting as broker
          > using some
          > loopholes that i want to find and close as i may
          > file a suit against
          > them for an agreement on earnest money in where in
          > my opinion they
          > defaulted,and i got ripped off,this is a commercial
          > property.what
          > loopholes might they be using to operate like
          > this,how can i
          > determine?. what kind of advertisement (how could i
          > word it) could i
          > post in newspaper that wouldnt be considered libel
          > or they couldnt
          > sue me saying i hurt their business, in an effort to
          > find other local
          > people with simular complaints or info.or that has
          > done business with
          > them.i would like to have a strong case before i
          > present it to an
          > attorney,is there possibly deceptive trade practices
          > here,fraud?I
          > think these people are doing some real shady
          > stuff,any ideas or
          > suggestions would be greatly appreciated,e-mail me
          > at
          > ed75904@...

          http://tax.yahoo.com
        • C. Sweat