Fw: A Winner against IRS

  • Tom Kearse
    Message 1 of 5 , Mar 30, 2003

      Sent: Friday, March 28, 2003 2:27 PM
      Subject: A Winner against IRS

      Ken Evans Gets Money from the IRS

      IRS MAKES 'TIME BARRED' ASSESSMENT –

      REQUIRED TO ISSUE TOTAL REFUND TO TAX HONESTY ADVOCATE

      Kennett Square, Pennsylvania - After over two years of litigation, the IRS is required by law to refund approximately $13,000.00 to Tax Honesty Advocate and Libertarian activist, Ken Evans.

      "This is a huge victory," said Evans, "and demonstrates once again that the misapplication of the federal income tax is the single greatest financial fraud in world history."

      In the spring of 2000, Evans sent a letter to the IRS asking how much, if anything, he owed for the tax year 1999 and further asked for a refund of anything in excess of what the law said he owed. The IRS did not respond. Nine months later and in accordance with federal law, Evans filed a refund lawsuit in Federal District Court in an attempt to require the IRS to refund his money or provide evidence to the contrary.

      Shockingly, throughout the entire lawsuit, the Department of Justice, which represented the IRS, did not at any time make the argument that Evans actually owed income tax. The DOJ simply claimed that Evans was 'required to file a return.' However, in direct contradiction to the DOJ's position, an IRS Supervisor informed Mr. Evans on tape that he was not required to file an income tax return. This was later reinforced further by IRS internal computer documentation, which confirmed Evans' lack of a requirement to file a return.

      Yet, in June, 2001, the District Court dismissed Evans refund claim and stated in its opinion, "...this Court rejects all of Evans' arguments concerning his income tax liability for the 1999 tax year."

      So how much did the Court say that Evans owed? Well, the Court didn't actually say that Evans owed anything. In fact, the Court couldn't because the Department of Justice did not provide any evidence of Evans' liability.

      So, what now? Well, there are specific procedures that the IRS is required to follow in order to establish liability. In Evans' case, however, the IRS seems to have thrown those procedures out the window.

      "In my case, the evidence is so overwhelming that IRS and DOJ employees see the law more as a hindrance than as something they are required to obey," Evans comments, "Even though the statutes and regulations of federal law themselves do not say that I owe income tax, the IRS tried to illegally create a record of assessment, which is considered prima facie evidence of liability. These procedures, which the IRS has been engaging in for decades, are now being exposed for the fraudulent activity that they are. This is due, in part, to the IRS Reform and Restructuring Act of 1998. This act made public the internal codes that the IRS uses in the computer files that it keeps on Americans."

      Evans continues, "Every step of the way, the IRS has violated the law.  In June of 2002, the IRS sent me a Notice of Deficiency in relation to 1999. This specific action was illegal because the IRS is required to provide me with an Appeals Conference prior to its issuance, yet they did not. They went so far as to lie about the reason that they denied the conference. But, their crowning fraudulent achievement was the recordation of a time barred assessment on November 18, 2002 ."

      The law requires the IRS to make assessments within specific time periods in order to be valid. Yet, in Evans' case, internal IRS documentation proves that an IRS agent illegally recorded a time barred assessment in Evans' computer file. Further, federal law requires the IRS to notify individuals of assessments within sixty days. But, the IRS has not yet sent Evans a 'Notice and Demand for Payment,' even though the assessment was recorded over one hundred days ago.

      "This doesn't surprise me in the slightest," said Evans, "The IRS will go to almost any length to hide this fraud. The only reason that I am even aware of the time barred assessment is because I contacted the IRS of my own volition and asked a random IRS employee for a printout of their computer file on me. The agent that made the assessment obviously didn't send me a Notice and Demand for Payment because he knows that the assessment is illegal."

      Victoria Osborne, a Forensic Accountant of TPI Associates (http://www.tpirsrelief.com) has confirmed that the IRS is required to issue a complete refund plus interest to Evans.

      For more information contact:

      Ken Evans
      873 East Baltimore Pike - PMB 464
      Kennett Square, PA 19348
      610-636-4407
      kevans@...
      www.reasons2vote.com

      ---
    • Dan Benham
      Message 2 of 5 , Mar 31, 2003
        I suggest filing a case in the Federal Claims Court and get a judgment in the proper jurisdiction. http://www.uscfc.uscourts.gov/

        Dan

[...]

      • Daniel Quackenbush
        Message 3 of 5 , Apr 1 8:38 PM
          Hi Tom, this was not a win!  Read the article closely; the title is highly misleading.  Victoria Osborne *saying* that Evans is owed a complete refund is not a "victory" as the title misleadingly suggests.  Evans has lost at every step in the courts.  It will be a victory only if he actually receives his refund.

          Message 4 of 5 , Apr 2 5:35 AM
            This was exposed as a LIE by Dan Meador.  Evans should be ASHAMED to spread LIES.

            Message 5 of 5 , Apr 2 6:50 AM
              I have recieved information from another group that
              did some research on this article, and it was shown
              not to be true. The person who sent it out admitted it
              to be wrong. There has been no victory here. Only
              mis-information to confound those who are searching
              for the truth.
              Sorry, add this to the urban legends pile.

              http://tax.yahoo.com