Re: [tips_and_tricks] Fw: Pepsi Pledge

  • conecuhdan@wmconnect.com
    Message 1 of 22 , Mar 31 3:35 AM
      I'm afraid that what's coming next most people will not be able to handle!
      "The nation that forgets God shall be turned into hell."

      Dan
    • Badger
      Message 2 of 22 , Mar 31 1:12 PM
        << I'm afraid that what's coming next most people will not be able to
        handle!
        "The nation that forgets God shall be turned into hell." >>

        All well and good for Christians for whom such a hell exists. What
        about those religions that have no hell in their afterlife? It's the
        same as our not being bound to non applicable codes and rules
        disguised as "laws." Just as they saw it's law doesn't make it so:
        just because one religion claims there's a hell doesn't mean those
        not involved in that path goes *there*. <g>

        realbadger
        A patriot who "happens" not to be Christian
      • Tom Kearse
        Message 3 of 22 , Apr 1, 2003
          Badger: The jurisdictions you refer to their laws and codes are man made.
          The jurisdiction of God comes from His position as creator. He is the
          "author" therefore, He is the Authority". His laws are not like mans laws.
          You may think you can fly, but jump off the roof of the barn, and you better
          hope there is a deep pile of something soft on the ground below. His laws
          are immutable. People and nations may turn from God, and seem to get by
          with it for a while, but God is just allowing them to fill up their cup of
          iniquity.
          He is not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to know
          his saving love and grace. Of course, many of His representatives are
          hipocrites, including myself more often than i wish to admit. But if a
          hipocrite is standing between you and God, who is closer to God?
          If permitted, i would like to explore this further with you. By the grace
          and permision of the group, we might do it openly, or if not, privately.

          regards,
          tom

          ps. God is a "gentleman", He forces himself on no-one, but extends an
          offer, to wthose who will receive Him.

          > << I'm afraid that what's coming next most people will not be able to
          > handle!
          > "The nation that forgets God shall be turned into hell." >>
          >
          > All well and good for Christians for whom such a hell exists. What
          > about those religions that have no hell in their afterlife? It's the
          > same as our not being bound to non applicable codes and rules
          > disguised as "laws." Just as they saw it's law doesn't make it so:
          > just because one religion claims there's a hell doesn't mean those
          > not involved in that path goes *there*. <g>
          >
          > realbadger
          > A patriot who "happens" not to be Christian

          ---
        • Badger
          Message 4 of 22 , Apr 2, 2003
            << Badger: The jurisdictions you refer to their laws and codes are
            man made. The jurisdiction of God comes from His position as
            creator. He is the "author" therefore, He is the Authority." His
            laws are not like mans laws. You may think you can fly, but jump off
            the roof of the barn, and you better hope there is a deep pile of
            something soft on the ground below. >>

            Actually, that's a law unto itself: the law of gravity [g].

            << His laws are immutable. >>

            "He," "His," "Him"... d'oh.

            << People and nations may turn from God, and seem to get by with it
            for a while, but God is just allowing them to fill up their cup of
            iniquity. He is not willing that any should perish, but that all
            should come to know his saving love and grace. Of course, many of
            His representatives are hipocrites, including myself more often than
            i wish to admit. But if a hipocrite is standing between you and God,
            who is closer to God? >>

            Depends if the hyprocrite is "a Good Christian or a Bad Christian,"
            to paraphrase Glinda.
            I'm extremely religious, actually, but not as one might expect. To
            me a Good Christian adheres to his/her beliefs and does not impose
            his/her beliefs on others (call them [and/or their religion and/or
            religous beliefs] **wrong**, threaten them with [the Christian] hell,
            etc.).

            << If permitted, i would like to explore this further with you. By
            the grace and permision of the group, we might do it openly, or if
            not, privately. >>

            Be care for what you wish, y'know [vbg].

            << regards, tom
            ps. God is a "gentleman."
            He forces himself on no-one, but extends an offer, to those who will
            receive Him. >>

            Before I found my lady-fair, I'd browse personal ads, ending up more
            for amusement value. I always wonder why so many woman insisted on
            men stricken with zeusaphobia ("must be GOd fearing;" to wit: fear of
            Deity). I have no reason to fear Deity. I love'em.

            I once saw a perfectly accurate bumper sticker.
            If I owned a conveyance I'd have obtained it to display.
            "God is a job description."

            realbadger
            A patriot who "happens" not to be Christian
            [To be more precise: of the Oldest/First Religion (by around 10,000+
            years)...]
          • Tom Kearse
            Message 5 of 22 , Apr 2, 2003
              there is a difference between threatening and warning.

              So gravity is self existent?

              > << Badger: The jurisdictions you refer to their laws and codes are
              > man made. The jurisdiction of God comes from His position as
              > creator. He is the "author" therefore, He is the Authority." His
              > laws are not like mans laws. You may think you can fly, but jump off
              > the roof of the barn, and you better hope there is a deep pile of
              > something soft on the ground below. >>
              >
              > Actually, that's a law unto itself: the law of gravity [g].
              >
              > << His laws are immutable. >>
              >
              > "He," "His," "Him"... d'oh.
              >
              > << People and nations may turn from God, and seem to get by with it
              > for a while, but God is just allowing them to fill up their cup of
              > iniquity. He is not willing that any should perish, but that all
              > should come to know his saving love and grace. Of course, many of
              > His representatives are hipocrites, including myself more often than
              > i wish to admit. But if a hipocrite is standing between you and God,
              > who is closer to God? >>
              >
              > Depends if the hyprocrite is "a Good Christian or a Bad Christian,"
              > to paraphrase Glinda.
              > I'm extremely religious, actually, but not as one might expect. To
              > me a Good Christian adheres to his/her beliefs and does not impose
              > his/her beliefs on others (call them [and/or their religion and/or
              > religous beliefs] **wrong**, threaten them with [the Christian] hell,
              > etc.).
              >
              > << If permitted, i would like to explore this further with you. By
              > the grace and permision of the group, we might do it openly, or if
              > not, privately. >>
              >
              > Be care for what you wish, y'know [vbg].
              >
              > << regards, tom
              > ps. God is a "gentleman."
              > He forces himself on no-one, but extends an offer, to those who will
              > receive Him. >>
              >
              > Before I found my lady-fair, I'd browse personal ads, ending up more
              > for amusement value. I always wonder why so many woman insisted on
              > men stricken with zeusaphobia ("must be GOd fearing;" to wit: fear of
              > Deity). I have no reason to fear Deity. I love'em.
              >
              > I once saw a perfectly accurate bumper sticker.
              > If I owned a conveyance I'd have obtained it to display.
              > "God is a job description."
              >
              > realbadger
              > A patriot who "happens" not to be Christian
              > [To be more precise: of the Oldest/First Religion (by around 10,000+
              > years)...]

              ---
            • Badger
              Message 6 of 22 , Apr 3, 2003
                >>To me a Good Christian adheres to his/her beliefs and does not
                impose his/her beliefs on others (call them [and/or their religion
                and/or religous beliefs] **wrong**, threaten them with [the
                Christian] hell, etc.).

                << there is a difference between threatening and warning. >>

                I would concur if not nearly all such "warnings" were being stated as
                though "absolute fact" and not as the warner's" merely religious
                belief/opinion, and often proclaimed at the top of the lungs of
                the "warner".... [bg]

                << So gravity is self existent? >>

                Can you defy gravity without outside assistance? [bg]

                (Baffled and wondering why when I reply to posts *at* the
                tips_and_tricks Yahoo Group site, I receive "rejection" emails at my
                email box, claiming I'd emailed said reply as though I'd not posted
                it via the site....),
                realbadger
                A patriot who "happens" not to be Christian
                [To be more precise: of the Oldest/First Religion (by around
                10,000+
                years)...]
              • Richard Johnson
                Message 7 of 22 , Apr 3, 2003
                  " Can you defy gravity without outside assistance? [bg]

                  This exemplifies the difference between natural law and statute. It is
                  simply impossible to violate natural law. You can't do it, no matter who
                  or what you believe, or what contrivances you use to defeat it. The "law"
                  is descriptive.

                  Statue, OTOH, is prescriptive and broken routinely. Consequenses might
                  remain in the purview of natural law and out of our immediate sight, but
                  the statutes remain broken.

                  " (Baffled and wondering why when I reply to posts *at* the
                  " tips_and_tricks Yahoo Group site, I receive "rejection" emails at my
                  " email box, claiming I'd emailed said reply as though I'd not posted
                  " it via the site....),

                  Because Yahoo routes rejection headers back to the sender, instead of
                  their postmaster. The idea is that many lists want users or local list
                  managers to see who has disconnected. They also don't want their
                  postmaster to drown in the rejections. If you get a lot of them, all the
                  time, from the same address, please notify the list administrator.

                  " A patriot who "happens" not to be Christian
                  " [To be more precise: of the Oldest/First Religion (by around
                  " 10,000+ years)...]

                  It takes great courage, conviction and work to accept responsibility for
                  one's behavior and beliefs. I salute you. Stay blessed.

                  --
                  Richard Johnson richard@...
                  Cuis custodiet ipsos custodes? Cui bono?
                  Message 8 of 22 , Apr 3, 2003
                    > >>To me a Good Christian adheres to his/her beliefs and does not
                    > impose his/her beliefs on others (call them [and/or their religion
                    > and/or religous beliefs] **wrong**, threaten them with [the
                    > Christian] hell, etc.).

                    You judge another mans (Christs) servant as good if he disobeys his Lord.

                    > << there is a difference between threatening and warning. >>
                    >
                    > I would concur if not nearly all such "warnings" were being stated as
                    > though "absolute fact" and not as the warner's" merely religious
                    > belief/opinion, and often proclaimed at the top of the lungs of
                    > the "warner".... [bg]

                    Just passing on the advice of one who created gravity, and everything else
                    that exists.

                    Mark 16:15 And he said unto them, Go ye into all the world, and preach the
                    gospel to every creature.
                    Mark 16:16 He that believeth and is baptized shall be saved; but he that
                    believeth not shall be damned. (argue this with Christ, not me)

                    > << So gravity is self existent? >>
                    >
                    > Can you defy gravity without outside assistance? [bg]

                    I am a created being, subject to the created order. I am a willing servant
                    of the one who created gravity, He can defy it at will. see Matt 14:25 -
                    28 Luke 24:51

                    You original reply to the gravity issue seems consistent with Baal worship,
                    (earth wind fire water) esteeming (worshipping) the creation more than the
                    creator. As does this one.

                    > (Baffled and wondering why when I reply to posts *at* the
                    > tips_and_tricks Yahoo Group site, I receive "rejection" emails at my
                    > email box, claiming I'd emailed said reply as though I'd not posted
                    > it via the site....),
                    > realbadger
                    > A patriot who "happens" not to be Christian
                    > [To be more precise: of the Oldest/First Religion (by around
                    > 10,000+ years)...]

                    The first, or better yet, progenitor of religion is Satanism, because he
                    rebelled and wanted to be his own god. Then humanism, followed in its
                    footsteps as man like satan said he would make his own choices, rather than
                    obey a loving heavenly father. I can see these too in the things you say.

                    ---
                  • BeFreeNow1@aol.com
                    Message 9 of 22 , Apr 4, 2003
                      Okay I can't resist.

                      Sin

                      I am told that I have it.
                      I am told that I commit it.
                      I am told that I was born in it.
                      I am told that I must be saved from it.
                      I am told that I must be forgiven for it.
                      I am told that I will die if I am found with it.
                      I am told that I must have it removed from my life.

                      So what is it exactly?  Please be specific and cite your sources and authorities.
                    • Tom Kearse
                      Message 10 of 22 , Apr 4, 2003
                        1 John 5:17  All unrighteousness is sin: and there is a sin not unto death.
                        1 John 5:16  If any man see his brother sin a sin which is not unto death, he shall ask, and he shall give him life for them that sin not unto death. There is a sin unto death: I do not say that he shall pray for it.
                        1 John 3:4  Whosoever committeth sin transgresseth also the law: for sin is the transgression of the law.
                        1 John 3:5  And ye know that he was manifested to take away our sins; and in him is no sin.
                        1 John 3:6  Whosoever abideth in him sinneth not: whosoever sinneth hath not seen him, neither known him.
                        1 John 2:1  My little children, these things write I unto you, that ye sin not. And if any man sin, we have an advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous:
                        1 John 2:2  And he is the propitiation for our sins: and not for ours only, but also for the sins of the whole world.
                        1 John 2:3  And hereby we do know that we know him, if we keep his commandments.
                        1 John 2:4  He that saith, I know him, and keepeth not his commandments, is a liar, and the truth is not in him.
                        1 John 2:5  But whoso keepeth his word, in him verily is the love of God perfected: hereby know we that we are in him.
                        1 John 2:6  He that saith he abideth in him ought himself also so to walk, even as he walked.
                        Prov 6:16  These six things doth the LORD hate: yea, seven are an abomination unto him:
                        Prov 6:17  A proud look, a lying tongue, and hands that shed innocent blood,
                        Prov 6:18  An heart that deviseth wicked imaginations, feet that be swift in running to mischief,
                        Prov 6:19  A false witness that speaketh lies, and he that soweth discord among brethren.

                        that is about four of 800 and some references.
                        your turn.

                        Message 11 of 22 , Apr 5, 2003
                          In a message dated 4/5/03 12:32:36 PM Central Standard Time, tkearse@... writes:

                          1 John 5:17  All unrighteousness is sin: and there is a sin not unto death.
                          [0]  What is unrighteousness?
                          1 John 5:16  If any man see his brother sin a sin which is not unto death, he shall ask, and he shall give him life for them that sin not unto death. There is a sin unto death: I do not say that he shall pray for it.
                          [0]
                          What is sin?

                          1 John 3:4  Whosoever committeth sin transgresseth also the law: for sin is the transgression of the law.
                          [1/2]  What law?
                          1 John 3:5  And ye know that he was manifested to take away our sins; and in him is no sin.
                          [0] What is sin?
                          1 John 3:6  Whosoever abideth in him sinneth not: whosoever sinneth hath not seen him, neither known him.
                          [0] What is sin?

                          1 John 2:1  My little children, these things write I unto you, that ye sin not. And if any man sin, we have an advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous:
                          [0] What is sin?
                          1 John 2:2  And he is the propitiation for our sins: and not for ours only, but also for the sins of the whole world.
                          [0] What is sin?
                          1 John 2:3  And hereby we do know that we know him, if we keep his commandments.
                          [1/2] What commandments?
                          1 John 2:4  He that saith, I know him, and keepeth not his commandments, is a liar, and the truth is not in him.
                          [1/2] What commandments?
                          1 John 2:5  But whoso keepeth his word, in him verily is the love of God perfected: hereby know we that we are in him.
                           [1/2] What word?
                          1 John 2:6  He that saith he abideth in him ought himself also so to walk, even as he walked.
                          [0] What does this mean "abideth in him?" Who is "him?"  "...also so to walk, even as he walked." what does this mean? Who is "He, he, him, himself, he?"

                          Prov 6:16  These six things doth the LORD hate: yea, seven are an abomination unto him:
                          Prov 6:17  A proud look, a lying tongue, and hands that shed innocent blood,
                          Prov 6:18  An heart that deviseth wicked imaginations, feet that be swift in running to mischief,
                          Prov 6:19  A false witness that speaketh lies, and he that soweth discord among brethren.
                          [1/2] What is "an abomination ?"  Who is this "LORD?" On what does this writer of the "six things" base his argument?

                          that is about four of 800 and some references.
                          your turn.

                          Kudos to you on your wonderful response!!! Thank you.

                          21/2 points made but without apologia for what they mean.  What is the relevance of those "cites" to anyone?  How?  Why?  Also, the quoting of "scripture" does not an argument make.

                          Everyone, please try to make your argument without the use of jargon.
                        • karl
                          Message 12 of 22 , Apr 5, 2003
                            Living by following the Bible.

                            Dr. Laura Schlessinger is a US radio personality who dispenses advice to
                            people who call in to her radio show.  Recently, she said that, as an
                            observant Orthodox Jew, homosexuality is an abomination according to
                            Leviticus 18:22, and cannot be condoned under any circumstance.
                                    The following is an open letter to Dr. Laura penned by a US
                            resident, which was posted on the Internet.  It's funny, as well as
                            informative :
                            *********************
                            Dear Dr. Laura:
                            Thank you for doing so much to educate people regarding God's Law.  I have
                            learned a great deal from your show, and try to share that knowledge with as
                            many people as I can. When someone tries to defend the homosexual lifestyle,
                            for example, I simply remind them that Leviticus 18:22 clearly states it to
                            be an abomination.  End of debate.

                            I do need some advice from you, however, regarding some of the other
                            specific laws and how to follow them.

                            1. When I burn a bull on the altar as a sacrifice, I know it creates a pleasing odor for the Lord - Lev. 1:9. The problem is my neighbors. They claim the odor is not pleasing to them. Should I smite them?

                            2. I would like to sell my daughter into slavery, as sanctioned in Exodus 21:7.  In this day and age, what do you think would be a fair price for her?

                            3. I know that I am allowed no contact with a woman while she is in her period of menstrual cleanliness - Lev.15:19-24.  The problem is, how do I tell? I have tried asking, but most women take offense.

                            4. Lev. 25:44 states that I may indeed possess slaves, both male and female,
                            provided they are purchased from neighboring nations.  A friend of mine claims that this applies to Mexicans, but not Canadians. Can you clarify?
                            Why can't I own Canadians?

                            5. I have a neighbor who insists on working on the Sabbath. Exodus 35:2 clearly states he should be put to death.  Am I morally obligated to kill him myself?

                            6. A friend of mine feels that even though eating shellfish is a abomination of Lev. 11:10, it is a lesser abomination than homosexuality.  I don't agree. Can you settle this?

                            7. Lev. 21:20 states that I may not approach the altar of God if I have a defect in my sight. I have to admit that I wear reading glasses. Does my vision have to be 20/20, or is there some wiggle room here?

                            8. Most of my male friends get their hair trimmed, including the hair around
                            their temples, even though this is expressly forbidden by Lev. 19:27.  How
                            should they die?

                            9. I know from Lev. 11:6-8 that touching the skin of a dead pig makes me
                            unclean, but may I still play football if I wear gloves?

                            10. My uncle has a farm. He violates Lev. 19:19 by planting two different crops in the same field, as does his wife by wearing garments made of two different kinds of thread (cotton/polyester blend).  He also tends to curse and blaspheme a lot. Is it really necessary that we go to all the trouble of getting the whole town together to stone them? - Lev.24:10-16. Couldn't we just burn them to death at a private family affair like we do with people who sleep with their in-laws? (Lev. 20:14)

                            I know you have studied these things extensively, so I am confident you can
                            help. Thank you again for reminding us that God's word is eternal and
                            unchanging.

                          • Tom Kearse
                            Message 13 of 22 , Apr 5, 2003
                              James 4:12  There is one lawgiver, who is able to save and to destroy: who art thou that judgest another?

                              First principle i was taught in dealing with the justus system is "arguments are for fools"  It has served me well enough.  In fact, only exceeded by the Word of the Lawgiver.

                              Psa 14:1  To the chief Musician, A Psalm of David. The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God. They are corrupt, they have done abominable works, there is none that doeth good.
                              Psa 14:2  The LORD looked down from heaven upon the children of men, to see if there were any that did understand, and seek God.
                              Psa 14:3  They are all gone aside, they are all together become filthy: there is none that doeth good, no, not one.
                              Psa 14:4  Have all the workers of iniquity no knowledge? who eat up my people as they eat bread, and call not upon the LORD.

                              Message 14 of 22 , Apr 5, 2003
                                In a message dated 4/5/03 11:00:24 PM Central Standard Time, tkearse@... writes:

                                First principle i was taught in dealing with the justus system is "arguments are for fools"  It has served me well enough.  In fact, only exceeded by the Word of the Lawgiver.

                                Who taught you that?  Was he/she qualified to make that statement? What was the context of that statement?  Do you know the difference between an argument and a quarrel?  Just in case that you don't here is the difference.  Contrary to popular nominclature, arguments are reasoned responses to inquiry. Also thay are called an apologia or in English an apology.  In the science of Argumentation they are also called a syllogism that is usually based upon a premise. What is your unspoken premise?  Reasons, answers, argument, a syllogism for why one believes something.  Can you articulate a reasoned answer/argument/syllogism for your beliefs beyond quoting your favorite "scriptures?"  Can you provide at least a basic exegesis for those passages?  And speaking of the "justus" (sic) system, can you provide us with examples of your "wins" in court without "arguments?"
                              • Tom Kearse
                                Message 15 of 22 , Apr 6, 2003
                                  The issue of "arguments are for fools" is traverse and demurer.  I learned it from a man who won a $6 million judgement in a title 42 suit.
                                  I have some wins: 1.administratively in staying out of court with IRS, and 2: in state circus court.  Both were BIG cases.
                                  What have you won?
[...]

                                • Jim
                                  Message 16 of 22 , Apr 6, 2003
                                    Hello Tom,
                                    Perhaps if one knew about HONOR - DISHONOR using a
                                    administrative procedure and a Notary Protest. You
                                    would understand that when you "ARGUE" in court you
                                    ALWAYS lose - because you end up in dishonor and they
                                    end up in honor - BUT when they dishonor you [most of the
                                    time by not answering or "argueing"] you have a win IF you go to
                                    court.
                                    Have had several wins using this method many before
                                    it ever gets to court.

                                    You may contact me if interested in the process but
                                    do it off this forum directly @
                                    jim@...

                                    Jim
                                    Sunday, April 6, 2003, 8:23:33 AM, you wrote:

                                    TK> The issue of "arguments are for fools" is traverse and demurer. I learned it from a man who won a $6 million judgement in a title 42 suit.
                                    TK> I have some wins: 1.administratively in staying out of court with IRS, and 2: in state circus court. Both were BIG cases.
                                    TK> What have you won?

                                    Best regards,
                                    Jim mailto:Jim@...
                                  • BeFreeNow1@aol.com
                                    Message 17 of 22 , Apr 6, 2003
                                      In a message dated 4/6/03 12:12:33 PM Central Daylight Time, tkearse@... writes:

                                      The issue of "arguments are for fools" is traverse and demurer.  I learned it from a man who won a $6 million judgement in a title 42 suit.
                                      I have some wins: 1.administratively in staying out of court with IRS, and 2: in state circus court.  Both were BIG cases.
                                      What have you won?

                                      Thank you for your response and congratulations on your wins. Yes, I to have had some small wins. Not in court however, but in state administrative offices that have brought their directives back in line with the relevant constitution and statute.  You are correct that in a courtroom legal proceeding the presentation of an argument may be a traverse and/or a demurrer.  However, this is not a legal courtroom of either law or equity.  I simply want someone to answer my questions concerning sin, with a reasoned response in plain English without religious jargon or just quoted "scripture" without exegesis.  Can you do this please?  If not, maybe someone else could?
                                    • Tom Kearse
                                      Message 18 of 22 , Apr 6, 2003

                                        Message 19 of 22 , Apr 6, 2003
                                          Thank you. I have had some significant succes. I did traverse in a case,
                                          (over private home education) to try and gain ground for others. I took
                                          them to the foundation af all valid law, Gods word. They said i was in
                                          contempt of court, but i had the judge in contempt of Christ, and she knew
                                          it. She blinked. They had already seen the hand of God in the case, and
                                          didn't want any more. I practiced "Honor" in the case (and they dishonor).
                                          It is awesome to go into the dock, and Honor God above all.
                                          > Perhaps if one knew about HONOR - DISHONOR using a
                                          > administrative procedure and a Notary Protest. You
                                          > would understand that when you "ARGUE" in court you
                                          > ALWAYS lose - because you end up in dishonor and they
                                          > end up in honor - BUT when they dishonor you [most of the
                                          > time by not answering or "argueing"] you have a win IF you go to
                                          > court.
                                          > Have had several wins using this method many before
                                          > it ever gets to court.
                                          >
                                          > You may contact me if interested in the process but
                                          > do it off this forum directly @
                                          > jim@...
                                          >
                                          > Jim
                                          > Sunday, April 6, 2003, 8:23:33 AM, you wrote:
                                          >
                                          > TK> The issue of "arguments are for fools" is traverse and demurer. I
                                          learned it from a man who won a $6 million judgement in a title 42 suit.
                                          > TK> I have some wins: 1.administratively in staying out of court with IRS,
                                          and 2: in state circus court. Both were BIG cases.
                                          > TK> What have you won?

                                          ---
                                        • MH

                                            Message 21 of 22 , Apr 7, 2003