Re: County Recorder - What they'll file and won't

  • Dale Pond
    Message 1 of 24 , Sep 2, 2006
      >Received official letter today from DA's office and the assistant there
      > is siding with the county recorder and says my document doesn't fall
      > into any category that the revised code authorizes them to accept.

      "Revised Code" is what gives permission???

      Is it true one can POST a document or NOTICE in a "public place" and it becomes part of the "public record"?
      Is this the reason legal notices are posted in the newspapers?
      Can one therefore POST to a public news forum on the web with a similar result?

      Life, Light, Love & Laughter,
      Dale Pond
      Sympathetic Vibratory Physics

    • Steve
      Message 2 of 24 , May 20, 2007
        My son was stopped for a DUI back in January. He refused the breath
        test. In a hurry, we hired an attorney that we found on the internet.
        My son wasn't in Georgia permanently, but was at a military base
        undergoing schooling. The attorney sent us basically a checklist, or
        'buffet', of what services we wanted. We checked off 'Enlistment in
        Case, Discovery, and Evidence gathering', and 'Representation at
        Administration Hearing'.

        The fee for the first one was $2500 and the fee for the second was
        $1500. We sent him $1500 up front.

        After 3.5 months, there has been no discovery or motions for discovery
        filed, and every time we call, we were told that he was waiting on the
        videos and police report. The state decided not to hold an
        administrative hearing so that never happened.

        Last week, we fired this attorney and have retained another. This first
        attorney has written my son a letter telling him that he owes him $2500
        more dollars and he intends to enforce this. He also told him that he
        intends to charge him on an hourly basis for filing documents to
        withdraw from the case.

        My son has finished his training in Georgia and is now permanently back
        in another state. Can this attorney sue my son in Georgia if my son
        doesn't live there? Opinion - is my son liable to pay him for work that
        was not done?

        Thanks, Steve