Re: County Recorder - What they'll file and won't

  • tnavyah
    Message 1 of 24 , Sep 2, 2006
      As to what the County Recorder will file. It is just a matter of filing
      what they will accept without question. For example the Recorder will
      file anything relative to Deeds, Trust, or Land. So you file the front
      page of a Trust. Then you include the second page as an Exhibit "A".
      Refer to Exhibit "A" in the first page. Mail the two or three or four
      page document in with a sase. Two wks or so later you will receive it
      stamped recorded in the mail. If you use your immagination you can get
      Play Boy Mag. recorded. When there is a problem with recording a
      document. Make the problem document an exhibit to a document that you
      know they will record. It always helps to have your document notorized,
      and to send a Postal M.O. in the proper amount.

      Ted
    • Dale Pond
      Message 2 of 24 , Sep 2, 2006
        >Received official letter today from DA's office and the assistant there
        > is siding with the county recorder and says my document doesn't fall
        > into any category that the revised code authorizes them to accept.

        "Revised Code" is what gives permission???

        Is it true one can POST a document or NOTICE in a "public place" and it becomes part of the "public record"?
        Is this the reason legal notices are posted in the newspapers?
        Can one therefore POST to a public news forum on the web with a similar result?

        Life, Light, Love & Laughter,
        Dale Pond
        Sympathetic Vibratory Physics

      • Steve
        Message 3 of 24 , May 20, 2007
          My son was stopped for a DUI back in January. He refused the breath
          test. In a hurry, we hired an attorney that we found on the internet.
          My son wasn't in Georgia permanently, but was at a military base
          undergoing schooling. The attorney sent us basically a checklist, or
          'buffet', of what services we wanted. We checked off 'Enlistment in
          Case, Discovery, and Evidence gathering', and 'Representation at
          Administration Hearing'.

          The fee for the first one was $2500 and the fee for the second was
          $1500. We sent him $1500 up front.

          After 3.5 months, there has been no discovery or motions for discovery
          filed, and every time we call, we were told that he was waiting on the
          videos and police report. The state decided not to hold an
          administrative hearing so that never happened.

          Last week, we fired this attorney and have retained another. This first
          attorney has written my son a letter telling him that he owes him $2500
          more dollars and he intends to enforce this. He also told him that he
          intends to charge him on an hourly basis for filing documents to
          withdraw from the case.

          My son has finished his training in Georgia and is now permanently back
          in another state. Can this attorney sue my son in Georgia if my son
          doesn't live there? Opinion - is my son liable to pay him for work that
          was not done?

          Thanks, Steve