RE: [tips_and_tricks] Re: Lowering the BAR

    Message 1 of 7 , Sep 1, 2006
      soc_anon_01 asked:

      > Why on earth would you challenge a judge?

      Because without a judge, you will not be prosecuted, and because so many
      today do not have their papers in order, the odds on disqualifying one
      are very very high, and some people have disqualified all that were
      available. It's a lot easier to prevent hostile rulings if there's
      nobody to make them. And if they eventually do find somebody who can do
      more than just bluff with a black robe on, wouldn't it be nicer to know
      that you at least have a judge who appears to be able to read and obey
      the law, starting with the first one he had to make in his career
      (taking the oath of office)?

      > Is it not better to have Her/Him on your side?

      The last time I saw capital letters being used for a pronoun it was in
      reference to the Deity. Some people think of judges as deities. I
      picture them all with their pants around their ankles. If one fails to
      disqualify a candidate who could be disqualified, in effect one has
      qualified him, and he may turn out to not be on one's side after all.

      > Just ask the questions and state forehand "For the Record" and "I
      > require to be sworn at this time" and if dismissed, I would state "FOR
      > THE RECORD YOUR HONOR, I SWEAR THAT ANYTHING I SAY FROM THIS POINT
      > FORWARD IS THE TRUTH FOR THE RECORD YOUR HONOR"

      All of this "your honor" business! It's a fact that more do not have
      any honor in my state than those who do (going by the number of those
      with their papers in order versus those who don't care to abide by the
      law).