RE: [tips_and_tricks] Electronic Dictionary?
Check around on this site
Click on the button to get the indicated file format: Format HTML Text WP RTF Word Image Local Remote
Local Collections & Directories
- Liberty Library of Constitutional Classics
- U.S. National Militia Directory
- U.S. Citizen Crime Prevention & Law Enforcement Directory
- Talk/News Radio & TV Directory
- Libraries Online Links to online library catalogs and collections.
- Primary Sources Extensive collection of links and documents from Rick Gardiner's site.
- Religious Scriptures Online Links to the writings of the world's major religions.
- Reading List #1
- Reading List #2
Encyclopedias, Dictionaries and Thesauri
- Bouvier Law Dictionary. Also available as two self-extracting executables: Part 1 and Part 2, or two zip files: Part 1 and Part 2.
- law.com Dictionary Find definitions of legal terms.
- The Language Bin: On-line Dictionary Single query form searches multiple online dictionaries.
- The Century Dictionary Most comprehensive of the online dictionaries, with more than 500,000 words.
- Merriam-Webster Unabridged Dictionary Online edition of their printed dictionary.
- Online Dictionary from Datasegment.com Makes use of multiple print dictionaries.
- Ahoi! Online dictionaries & online translation.
- Your Dictionary Combines dictionary and thesaurus functions.
- Dictionary of Difficult Words Focus on words that are obscure or difficult to define.
- Hypertext Webster Interface This has a mirror site.
- HyperDictionary Interesting implementation, worthy of a visit.
- Roget's Thesaurus Online reference of synonyms and related words.
- Encyclopedia Britannica Another way to access the online edition of this important reference.
- Encyclopedia Britannica, 11th Edition Complete online version of the last public domain edition, and arguably one of the best.
- Grolier Multimedia Encyclopedia Online Usage charge on this standard reference.
- World Book Online Usage charge on this encylopedia, mainly directed at younger scholars.
- Encyclopedia.com Usage charge on this encylopedia, but has many short articles that are free.
- The Encyclopedia Mythica Compendium of mythology, legends, and folklore.
- RefDesk.com Links to all kinds of reference sites and pages.
- ReferenceDesk.org Links to all kinds of reference sites and pages.
- Librarians' Index to the Internet Large searchable link collection oriented toward library research.
- Research Libraries Group System for sharing of resources among libraries.
- ProQuest Formerly University Microfilms. Source for documents on microfilm and microfiche.
- English-Greek, Greek-English Online Dictionary Find Greek terms for English words.
- Latin Dictionary and Grammar Aid Check the correctness of your Latin.
Documentation & Data
- Robert's Rules of Order Revised Online version of 1915 edition. Essential manual for parliamentarians of deliberative assemblies.
- The On-Line Books Page Archive at the U. of Pennsylvania.
- Hypertext on American History From the colonial period to modern times.
- History of Economics Services E-texts on economics.
- Center for the Study of the Great Ideas From the editors of The Great Books of the Western World.
- Index of Dictionaries on the WWW Links to every known dictionary.
- Questia Large collection of online books, but only viewable one page at at time.
- The Latin Library The Latin classics in Latin.
- Office of Population Research Comprehensive data on population growth, distribution, and factors affecting birth and death statistics.
- Intelligence & CounterIntelligence Extensive collection of links on intelligence and counterintelligence matters.
Government & Law
- The Annotated Constitution GPO, CRS [ASCII, PDF], 2444p. Project of the Congressional Research Service (CRS) and Government Printing Office (GPO). Annotated references to Supreme Court decisions arranged by provision and amendment. Acrobat reader needed for PDF files can be downloaded from here. Some very large files.
- The U.S. Constitution Annotated Findlaw rendition. Links to case files on their site.
- Library of Congress
- United States Code (USC)
Cornell University rendition
See especially the following:
- 12 USC 95 Emergency Rule
- 18 USC 241 Conspiracy Against Rights
- 18 USC 242 Deprivation of Rights under Color of Law
- 18 USC 921 Firearms, Definitions
- 18 USC 922 Firearms, Unlawful Acts
- 18 USC 2382 Misprision of Treason
- 18 USC Ch.211 Jurisdiction and Venue
- 18 USC Ch.215 Grand Jury
- 42 USC 1983 Civil action for deprivation of rights
- Office of the Law Revision Counsel, U.S. House of Representatives These are the people who are restating the Statutes at Large (SAL) into the United States Code (USC), some of which have been re-enacted as statutes and some of which have not, so it requires some research to determine which are statutes and which are only "evidence" of the statutes. The USC is not to be confused with the Code of Federal Regulations (CFR), or with various government forms and instruction books, which are a product of the various executive branch agencies, allegedly based on the statutes or codes, but sometimes extending and deviating from them in significant ways. The application of provisions of the CFR to any but government employees or contractors, or to visitors to government facilities or users of government proprietary assets, is unconstitutional exercise of the legislative power by the executive branch agency. For more on this see the Borlase Guide.
- Uniform Commercial Code (UCC)
- Uniform Code of Military Justice (UCMJ) Local copy as of 1997 June 15.
- FindLaw Comprehensive archive of legal resources, including U.S. Supreme Court decisions.
- Legal Information Institute Cornell archive of legal resources, including U.S. Supreme Court decisions not included in the Findlaw collection.
- Supreme Court of the United States Rules and status of cases.
- U.S. Federal Circuit Courts Starting with map of U.S. showing which states are in which circuit, at Georgetown U. School of Law, with links to decisions.
- Landmark Supreme Court Decisions Local archive, with commentaries on the rulings and the opinions.
- USSC+ Database of matters related to the U.S. Supreme Court.
- Brief Reporter Extensive online collection of legal briefs on many topics.
- CaseStream Information of federal cases, active and inactive, civil, criminal, and bankruptcy.
- Avalon Project at Yale Law School Documents in law, history and diplomacy.
- The Founders' Constitution Online documentation from the University of Chicago.
- MegaLaw Extensive legal links and research tools.
- Jurisdictionary® Pre-trial tools.
- Directory of Pro Bono Programs Provided by American Bar Association.
- Ancient Legal Sourcebook Collection of documents and links at Fordham University.
- Medieval Legal Sourcebook Collection of documents and links at Fordham University.
- Model Editions Partnership Links to collections and standards for marking up online documents.
- GovBot Search engine for U.S. government sites and resources.
- U.S. Federal Government Agencies Directory Provided by Louisiana State University Library
- Internet Law Library Now hosted by LawGuru.
- Law & Politics Extensive collection of links to resources of all kinds.
- Winservices Legal Research Links Directory and links to many legal references and other resources.
- Rominger Legal Links to all kinds of legal resources.
- Substantive Law on the WWW Randy Singer's collection of links to statutes and caselaw, federal, state, and international.
- Georgia State University Law Index Many links to online legal resources.
- The 'Lectric Law Library Great resource of legal reference materials for lawyers and laypersons.
- Federal Web Locator Maintained by the Villanova Center for Information Law and Policy.
- Fedworld Index of U.S. government online information
- Official US Executive Branch Web Sites Gateway to Executive Branch.
- Federal Register Proposed regulations posted here.
- Regulations.gov Gateway to the Administrative State. Start here to try to stop further usurpations.
- National Archives and Records Adminstration Archive of all kinds of interesting information, including the Federal Register and various images of important documents, such as the Charters of Freedom.
- Congressional Record Online So far only goes back to 1995.
- National Constitution Center Government-funded public educational operation.
- Bill of Rights Institute Education resources on the subject.
- Federal Judiciary Clearinghouse of information on U.S. federal courts and news about them.
- Federal Bureau of Investigation Has status of popular cases.
- Central Intelligence Agency Archive of useful facts of all kinds.
- Department of State Archive of international news and policies.
- U.S. Information Service Used to be the USIA. Operates VoA. Much useful information.
- Department of the Treasury Archive of information about money.
- Internal Revenue Service Tax info, but can you cite this in your defense if it's wrong?
- Census Bureau All their data available here.
- Stat-USA Huge databank of statistical data of all kinds.
- U.S. Government WWW Servers
- Comprehensive Annual Financial Reports CAFRs) In case you thought we live in a free enterprise economy.
- U.S. Government gopher list
- NASIRE U.S. state information directory
- Thomson's Compilation of the British Statutes in Force in the State of Florida This mostly handwritten compilation is the most complete collection of British colonial laws.
- Openlaw An experiment in crafting legal argument in an open forum.
- YouKnowItAll.com Online Continuing Legal Education (CLE). Focus on Texas, but useful for lawyers and laypersons generally.
- Thomas: Legislative Information on the Internet U.S. House and Senate activity.
- Congressional Directory Members of U.S. Congress with contact information and committee membership.
- U.S. House of Representatives Web page Legislation, members, committees and organizations.
- U.S. Senate Web Page Legislation, members, committees and organizations.
- U.S. Congressional E-Mail Directory
- Almanac of American Politics Online version of this standard reference work. Contains information on members of the U.S. Congress and the states and districts they represent.
- National Political Index Comprehensive directory of all things political.
- Congress Action Provides up-to-date information on what is going on in Congress that may require citizen action.
- Time's Congressional Vote Database
- Political Resource
- All Things Political
- Project Vote Smart
- Republican Internet Directory Archive of links to all kinds of sites related to the GOP and conservatism, including email addresses of national and state Republican elected officials.
- National Budget Simulation So you think it's so easy to balance the budget and reduce the national debt? This game lets you try your hand at it.
- Krieble Institute USA Conducts monthly conferences on political methods. Persons can interact via satellite or via the Internet with RealAudio.
- American Memory Collection A project of the Library of Congress.
- Making of America Collection of 19th century books and journals by Cornell University.
- Historical Text Archive Collection by Don Mabry.
- AmericanCivilWar.com Particularly interesting for the constitutional issues raised.
- Amistad Research Center Documents the 1839 slave rebellion aboard a slave ship, capture of the rebels in the United States, and their trials, which led to an appeal before theU.S. Supreme Court, where they won their freedom and return passage to Africa.
These links have been moved to the Citizen Action page.
Nations & International
- Display and use of the U.S. flag
- Flags of the World Flags of almost every country and state, many organizations. GIF files.
- World Forum Essays on globalist themes, but not much on constitutional legitimacy.
- PBS/WGBH-TV/Frontline Much documentary material on Waco.
- C-SPAN Coverage of constitutional processes and some issues.
- UFO-related On-line Sites If there is something to it, and it is being covered up, it affects everything, including constitutional issues.
- FidoNet Gateway to this interesting branch off the Internet.
- Internet Conference Calendar Find the conferences you can attend.
Home Original URL: http://www.constitution.org/cs_refer.htm
Maintained: Jon Roland of the Constitution Society
Original date: 1995 September 25 Updated: 2003 March 12
What you can do to help-----Original Message-----
From: Karl-Alan [mailto:karl-alan@...]
Sent: Saturday, March 15, 2003 2:58 PM
Subject: [tips_and_tricks] Electronic Dictionary?Anyone know of Black's LD's I-VI available electronically?
To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to the Yahoo! Terms of Service.