An Essay On Activism - by Suzanne Shell (INCREDIBLE!!)

  • legalbear
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 10, 2003

        An Essay On Activism - by Suzanne Shell (INCREDIBLE!!)

      Below is an interesting email on activists/advocates from our own Orange County (New York) Warden, Sheryl Lane-McGrath

      rambocat@....  Sheryl is one of the advocates described in this email.  She is in the trenches and front lines every day.  Therefore, please send any responses directly to her.

       -Ron Loeber-

      New York JIC

      Message 2 of 2 , Mar 10, 2003
        HOW TRUE THIS IS!

        As part of a group who is challenging new legislation, I can relate to this.  When WE are discussing how to STOP some self-serving law from being passed, a law that will AFFECT all of the residents....we can muster only about 10 people to actually DO something.
         But when such legislation IS passed and becomes the law, you can hear the howls and screams from all over!  WHERE WERE THESE PEOPLE WHEN WE NEEDED THEM?
        Watching TV....playing games.... but they were NOT helping stop it.
        People had BETTER stop sleeping and DO SOMETHING, or their children will live in slavery!