Re: [tips_and_tricks] Building permit & property taxes

    Message 1 of 8 , Aug 4, 2006
      On Aug 3, 2006, at 6:50 PM, Ed Siceloff wrote:

      > I'm concerned that in governmental deficit spending that the
      > bonded indebtedness on my own would be thousands and thousands of
      > dollars.

      Most likely, hundreds of thousands, if not millions.

      > Yet, my own research shows that one should pursue a land patent,
      > rather
      > the typical deed of trust we get, and when that is arranged, then pay
      > off
      > the bonded indebtedness.

      You're right, except that so many people are running around thinking
      that they got a land patent with FRNs or credit instruments. They
      don't know the difference between allodial ownership rights and an
      insurable equitable interest. A land patent is either originally
      granted in a treaty, etc. or it is bought and paid for with gold and/or
      silver. Non-redeemable fiat debt certificates just don't have what it
      takes to transfer absolute ownership. But many out there don't want to
      face this fact. If some employee somewhere appears to authenticate a
      patent by mistake, it will not help when later that mistake is found
      out, which it very well may be.

      > Then one is in control of their land, and
      > buildings. Rather I should say, one is now in control of the land and
      > buildings that the Creator has entrusted to oneself.

      I'm very much in control of mine, even more so than yesterday, thanks
      to one's post on "curtilage".

      > I have not done this yet. But I would like to know of different
      > people
      > who have roughly the various figures they have paid. I realize that it
      > would vary immensely by circumstances.

      It would be many times the amount of the so-called "purchase price" (a
      VERY accurate but misleading term!)

      But you could always go find land without so much indebtedness, and
      build from scratch. I'll tell you where to find land with allodial
      title: look for reclaimed wetlands and diked lands that were
      transferred in the Treaty of Guadalupe Hidalgo. That's only one group
      you can search out, mostly in the SW and California.
    • Robert Kaltenbach
      Message 2 of 8 , Aug 7, 2006
        I built 189 houses over 40 years. Some before Metro Code Regulations
        and some after. If you don't get a permit you may not get
        electricity. If you get electricity they may declare your building to
        be below the 100 year flood plane level. They may also turn the
        building over to the Board of Health. I've fought all three and
        thereafter installed a 15 KW generator. Make them prove three things
        to regulate your building. Demand they prove they have a monetary
        interest, or a propietary interest or a contractual interest. Lacking
        these they cannot regulate.

        --- In tips_and_tricks@yahoogroups.com, "delaybox" <bporter10@...>