Re: W-4 alteration by IRS letter

  • mn_chicago
    Message 1 of 5 , Jul 31, 2006
      Does this work? I have not had occasion to use it.

      My purpose in providing it was to provide something
      that holds water in the form of a response.

      Employers do not want to take on the IRS, and it
      will never occur to them that you could be right in
      your assertions.

      The information comes from the IRC, and the IRS
      attorneys wrote it. How can they refute it?!

      I always recommend that anyone who uses this have the
      employer send a letter to the IRS for proof of their
      demand.

      As to the denial of being a taxpayer and not being
      subject to the code, I have used that, personally,
      and for someone else, and it has been v effective.