Re: [tips_and_tricks] License for an atorney

  • Skye Walker
    Message 1 of 4 , Jul 11, 2006
      You are so right, Susanne.  I have several letters from attorneys at-law who state they have a license to practice law.  I truly believe that they are only authorized by contract with a specific client and they presume that means they are licensed.  The Florida Bar and the American Bar Association cannot issue a license because they are private membership clubs.  All Bar attorneys are incorporated by the State in which they practice and that is private.  They bring private issues without exhausting administrative remedies into a public court and use that very court to simulate a legal process in the form of a summons and complaint which contain only allegations.
      It is not our court which is only for fictions of law.  Fictions of law cannot be harmed and damaged.
      The attorneys write the statutes
      The attorneys prosecute the statutes
      The judge (Bar attorney who doesnt practice anymore) enforces the statutes.
      How is that for justice?
      Yes, and that man you are referring to is Eddie Kahn.  I know Eddie and his wife very well and I hope they are safe.

      .

    • tthor.geo
      Message 2 of 4 , Jul 12, 2006
        There MAY actually be 'licensed' attorneys in some states. It would
        depend upon each individual state's Statutes.

        California, for example, has a MANDATORY Bar; to 'practice law' in
        California, one MUST be a member of The State Bar of California and
        be 'licensed' pursuant to the Business and Professions Code.
        [Otherwise, a California 'attorney' must take the position that the
        Statutes that the Legislature enacted don't apply to the persons
        that they specifically apply to (talk about double-think)].

        Virginia has a voluntary Bar; there one may or may not join the Bar.

        I don't know about other states....

        "susanne waid" <susannew@...> wrote:

        > I would challenge Patrick or anyone else on this forum, to produce
        a single
        > copy of an attorney's license from any state in the US. The term
        license
        > for attorneys is bandied around in the various state statutes, but
        I have
        > yet to know of a single attorney who can actually produce a copy
        of his/her
        > "license".

        > The leader of a now-defunct Florida tax assistance group was cited
        by the
        > Florida Bar for "practicing law without a license". This person
        challenged
        > the charge in court &the charge was dismissed when the Florida Bar
        could not
        > prove that a single member of their organization was in
        possession of a
        > state-issued license.
      • mn_chicago
        Message 3 of 4 , Jul 13, 2006
          License? There is no such thing. The Supreme Court says
          the practice of law is an inherent right. No state can issue
          a license to practice law.

          The Bar is simply a union, just like the plumbers unions, or
          the Intnational Ladies Garment Workers Union.

          I have had two judges threaten me with the unlicensed practice
          of law when I appeared along with a pro se friend in court.

          The first time, I was not sure, and I was asked to sit down,
          away from the bench.

          The second time another judge issued the same threat, telling
          his clerk to make a note to contact the State's Attorney General,

          He threw me out of his court room.

          No harm, no foul.

          The only thing foul is the attorney myth of a license.

          Their degree is in BS on that one.