Re: [tips_and_tricks] photo on driver license

  • 888Bail Man
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 7, 2006
      Perhaps you should try to talk with your local ACLU. In the
      alternative, you will
      have to fund your own legal action as I don't believe there is any easy
      solution.
      There are no "magic words" that the DMV will respond with "You got us.
      You
      don't really have to have a photo." Remember, there was an Islamic
      woman a
      few years ago in Florida that wanted her photo to be in her Berka with
      her
      face covered. She took the FL DMV to court and LOST.

      Don't know the details but am sure the court and DMV were right that
      they
      can require a full face photo. That is because "driving" and their
      "driver's
      license" is a privilege. That is because what they regulate is
      commercial
      driving NOT the inalienable right to travel that we are supposed to
      doing.

      By initiating a court action you may be able to pin down the DMV into
      formally admitting what their terms really mean (ie., expose the
      fraud). In
      the alternative, you should study what Luis Ewing has to say. You can
      email him at: rccodebuster@...

      Hope this helps.

      Bret