Bank W9 rely refinment legalize please

  • hobot
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 28, 2006
      I've a decade+ old non interest check accout w/o SSN.
      Opened it via W9 > W8 > substiute W8, which bank and
      fiancial programs all defualt to a 888 88 8888 code to
      run as non taxed enity in industry recognized standard.

      Statements always came with TIN form request we trashed.
      Bank changed hands so sent a presumptive letter, threats
      of withholding and fine for IRS if W9 nor returned signed.
      This new owner has changed the defualt of all 8's non tax
      to all 0's which is code for taxed enity missing numbers.

      Seek language to stiffle this w/o entangling a court
      conflict after the fact of them stealing from us.

      Points in letter to rebut
      all "financial institutions" "opening accounts"

      require "certifified TIN" for "individuals" or "bussiness"

      Accounts "missing or incorect" TIN "may" be subject to
      witholding to 28% on "interest dividens other payments"

      "$50 pentality may be inposed on me" [code states only
      to institution that fails to ask not telling IRS they did]

      In order to avoid above must verify info on bank W9 is
      correct or make changes. Has an exempt box to check but not
      the full disclosure in instructions that apply and
      signature line states its a US Person, which of course
      substiute W8 states I ain't.

      Could just tick off exempt box, strike out all 0's for
      all 8's and put NON US Person and sign dejure name
      all rights reserved etc.

      hobot
      If someone believes this makes me a part of the system
      then don't pollute lists aurging it just ignore me or
      post privately.