Re: King George's answer to the new form...

  • Occupant Family
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 8, 2006

      Declaration of Independence - Reply

      The Court of King George

      Washington, District of Columbia

      [aka & dba United States]

      June 8th, 2006

      Mr. John C. Stuart

      c/o Your Address

      Your Town, Your State, America

      Dear Mr. Stuart:

      We have read your "Declaration of Independence" with great interest.

      Certainly, it represents a considerable undertaking, and many of your

      statements do merit serious consideration. Unfortunately, the

      Declaration as a whole fails to meet recently adopted specifications for

      proposals to the Crown, so we must return the document to you for

      further refinement. The questions which follow might assist you in your

      process of revision:

      1. In your opening paragraph you use the phrase "the Laws of Nature and

      Nature`s G--." What are these laws? In what way are they the criteria on

      which you base your central arguments? Please document with citations

      from the recent literature.

      2. In the same paragraph you refer to the "opinions of mankind." Whose

      polling data are you using? Without specific evidence, it seems to us

      the "opinions of mankind" are a matter of opinion.

      3. You hold certain truths to be "self-evident." Could you please

      elaborate. If they are as evident as you claim then it should not be

      difficult for you to locate the appropriate supporting statistics.

      4. "Life, Liberty, and the pursuit of happiness" seem to be the goals of

      your proposal. These are not measurable goals. If you were to say that

      "among these is the ability to sustain an average life expectancy in forty

      of the 50 States of at last 75 years, and to enable newspapers in the

      states to print news without outside interference, and to raise the

      average income of the population by 10 percent in the next 10 years,"

      these could be measurable goals. Please clarify.

      5. You state that "Whenever any Form of Government becomes destructive of

      these ends, it is the Right of the People to alter or to abolish it, and

      to institute a new Government...." Have you weighed this assertion

      against all the alternatives? What are the trade-off considerations?

      6. Your description of the existing situation is quite extensive. Such a

      long list of grievances should precede the statement of goals, not

      follow it. Your problem statement needs improvement.

      7. Your strategy for achieving your goal is not developed at all. You

      state that the states "ought to be Free and Independent States," and

      that they are "Absolved from All Allegiance to the United States." Who

      or what must change to achieve this objective? In what way must they

      change? What specific steps will you take to overcome the resistance?

      How long will it take? We have found that a little foresight in these

      areas helps to prevent careless errors later on. How cost-effective are

      your strategies?

      8. Who among the signatories will be responsible for implementing

      your strategy? Who conceived it? Who provided the theoretical research?

      Who will constitute the advisory committee? Please submit an

      organization chart and vitas of the principal investigators.

      9. You must include an evaluation design. We have been requiring this

      since the War to end all Wars.

      10. What impact will your problem have? Your failure to include any

      assessment of this inspires little confidence in the long-range

      prospects of your undertaking.

      11. Please submit a PERT diagram, an activity chart, itemized budget, and

      manpower utilization matrix.

      We hope that these comments prove useful in revising your "Declaration

      of Independence." We welcome the submission of your revised proposal.

      Our due date for unsolicited proposals is June 31, 2006. Ten copies with

      original signatures will be required.

      Sincerely,

      Management Analyst to the British Crown,... er, United States!

      On Thu, 8 Jun 2006 18:59:38 EDT mobinem@... writes:
      I am trying something that might work, at least it worked for our founding fathers. If you want to use it or just want to comment on it, please do. I spend a lot of my own time and money helping people with these issues so if you feel like donating, I promise the money will be used to help people that really need it. It is VERY similar to the original.

      John C. Stuart
      [Snipped]