Re: [tips_and_tricks] What effect does this S.Ct. decision have on tax notices?

  • baer@gap.net
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 5, 2006
      A particularly interesting case, Bear.

      I can imagine additional complications. I don't know how widespread the policy is, but post offices will often require forms of proof before delivering to an address. That may not be available to a property owner living in a motor home. My understanding is that General Delivery, when available, is temporary and restrictive. In some areas, mine included, carriers will routinely leave pick-up notices and make no attempt at all to deliver to an address. I can't retrieve that certified mail from an office because I have no photo ID and the postal service policy will only accommodate those who do.

      Baer

      At 08:09 PM 6/4/2006, you wrote:

      Jones v. Flowers, 126 S.Ct. 1708 (U.S. 04/26/2006)

      [1]      SUPREME COURT OF THE UNITED STATES

      [2]      No. 04-1477

      [3]      126 S.Ct. 1708, 74 USLW 4200, 2006 Daily Journal D.A.R. 4975, 06 Cal. Daily Op. Serv. 3439, 2006.SCT.0000073< http://www.versuslaw.com>

      [4]      April 26, 2006

      [5]      GARY KENT JONES, PETITIONER