RE: [tips_and_tricks] Tax Court

  • Dave Miner
    Message 1 of 32 , May 30, 2006
      Dan --

      There is a very important difference between what I described and what you experienced.  In order to take cash, the IRS just makes a phone call or creates a document.  Upon receiving said phone call or document, the responsible persons involved (employer or banker) simply hands over anything demanded without question.  This scenario happens every day, with or without a return being filed by the individual.

      On the other hand, the IRS has to go to court to take possession of a physical asset.  So it does so only when it can allege and prove fraud.

      To take your wages, the IRS uses Form 668-W, often with no signature on it.
      To take your bank account, the IRS uses Form 668-A, often with no signature on it.
      To take your house or car, the IRS uses Form 668-B, complete with at least one notarized signature.

      Form 668-B has info relative to the judge and the case number.  The others do not.  The IRS treats taking physical assets totally differently that merely confiscating cash.  I do not believe the law allows for this difference.  I believe it is a function of the IRS taking the easy path, breaking the law while doing so.

      Sorry about your loss.  But there are things that you can do about it.  If it happens again, please contact me off-group.

      Yours in financial freedom,

      Dave Miner

      Message 32 of 32 , Jun 1, 2006
        I am sorry to hear that. You were taken. The IRS had no legal authority to
        do what it did, and the courts would have stopped it if you knew how to
        pursue it. The CFR, the IRM and the LEM all state that the IRS must go
        through State courts and follow all State procedures , and all States
        require a warrant of some sort from a judge in order for any person
        (including agency) to take real estate.

        It is possible that the local judge was working with the IRS on this, but
        the entire process was crooked and could have been stopped. Yes, you can
        stop the IRS from moving illegally, if you know what to do.

        Yours in financial freedom,

        Dave Miner
        www.IRx-Solutions.com

        > Dan --
        >
        > There is a very important difference between what I described and
        what you
        > experienced.

        Dave,
        In the above response you posted, you stated;"On the other hand, the IRS has
        to go to court to take possession of a physical asset". Dave, when the IRS
        seized and sold my home and land, they never went to court. All the IRS did
        was declare my real property seized, and sold said real property at a sealed
        bid sale.