Re: [tips_and_tricks] Finally! The I.R.S. Has Made a Move to Shut Down Irwin Schiff!

  • rj
    Message 1 of 12 , Feb 13, 2003
      Yes, Yes, Yes! Might also want to make sure you're using a secure means
      of communicating such as Freenet, etc. as well.

      Richard Johnson wrote:

      >Steve wrote:
      >" You can see the warrant at:
      >" http://www.givemeliberty.org/NoRedress/Schiff/SchiffRaid.htm
      >
      >I think that warrant is living proof of why we should all use encrypted
      >file systems, and other well-known means to remain secure in our papers.
      >
      >No good can come of this event, that I can see.

    • Richard Johnson
      Message 2 of 12 , Feb 13, 2003
        John Wilde wrote:
        " Everything I say " on the internet is for gummint consumption.
        " ... If you can't live by that philosophy then it doesn't matter what
        " you do, because, when big bro comes knockin' at your door you
        " will break.
        "
        " Rethink it.

        I'm afraid you misinterpreted me. I fully agree with you about a great
        number of things. Announcing to the world that I use or intined to use
        some arcane and untested security method is a security breach of the first
        magnitude. That is neither what I thought I was did, nor what I intended.
        OTOH, reminded list memebers that criminals abound in our society is a
        civic duty. What federal marshalls can cart away, so can petty thieves.
        Securing your data is just prudent.
        --
        Richard Johnson richard@...
        "The Central Intelligence Agency owns everyone of any major significance