Traffic Ticket - NJ Alleged Lack of Turn Signals

  • one
    Message 1 of 14 , May 26, 2006
      You have no civil recourse for any lying witness.

      Moderator/Bear: I disagree with this statement. Civil Rule 60(b) having to do with motions to set aside the judgment says in nearly every state that you can have a judgment set aside for extrinsic and intrinsic fraud; in almost all states that includes "fraud on the court." An attorney that plays a role in deceiving the court would probably be disbarred or suspended if you aggressively pursue it. If a witness perjures themselves you could have them punished both civilly and criminally by filing a contempt motion. To learn more, get my contempt treatise at www.legalbears.com. And you could use a Civil Rule 11 motion for sanctions as well.