Re: [tips_and_tricks] Constitution & possible remedy!

  • Don Schwarz
    Message 1 of 6 , May 25, 2006

      The union Constitution is a direct document
      between the People of the union and the
      public servants of the union who secure their
      rights in all constitutional manners.

      The union Constitution does not even see the states.

      States have no rights so it does not affect them.

      At 04:27 PM 5/25/06 -0500, you wrote:
      In my opinion, when the 17th Amendment was declared as being ratified, the union of states was dissolved.  The Constitution of 1787 was between the states and federal government (three branches).  When the states gave up their right to vote in the Congress (Senate) for all practical purposes (my opinion) the Constitution 1787 was dissolved.  The states that did not vote for the 17th Amendment, however, gave up their right to vote in the Congress by consent.  Dumb answer???