mortgage "notice of default"

  • myfinancialadvice
    Message 1 of 1 , May 24, 2006
      Hi all,

      I have a family member that has received a Notice of Default on their
      2nd mortgage. The interesting thing is no statement of payment due has
      been sent out in over the last 4 years ( the 2nd mortgage has been in
      effect since 1997. The sad part is that one of her family members was
      to make the payment and after a few years the payments were no longer
      being met. I've read somewhere where there are groups that
      promote "mortgage elimination" programs stating that once a mortgage
      goes into default and is sold to another lender it's like a charged off
      debt. Any insight or help on this matter would be greatly appreciated.