Here are the forms to file if your HIPAA rights were violated.

  • Connecticut DCF Watch
    Message 1 of 1 , May 24, 2006
          You need to file a HIPAA complaint on the sender and the receiver of your medical information.  (See PDF version http://www.hhs.gov/ocr/howtofileprivacy.pdf and a Microsoft Word version http://www.hhs.gov/ocr/howtofileprivacy.doc.)  Remember, you only have 180 days from the time you found out about it.  Tell them they need a lawful warrant to make you do anything.  This info is also in our handbook.

      Thomas M. Dutkiewicz, President
      Special Family Advocate
      Connecticut DCF Watch
      P.O. Box 3005
      Bristol, CT 06011-3005
      860-833-4127
      Admin@...
      www.connecticutDCFwatch.com

      P.S. Check out our web site for the FREE handbook on parental and children's rights.  There is also a manual on Title IV-E dealing with "reasonable efforts".