Buy the Truth & Sell It Not

  • Legalbear
    Message 1 of 1 , May 5, 2006

      In the King James version Proverb 23:23 says, “Buy the truth, and sell [it] not; [also] wisdom, and instruction, and understanding.” I looked up each and every key word in this oft quoted verse and incorporated what I found in both Strong’s and lexical aid and came up with the following which I have turned into a first person, present tense, possessive prayer:

      I get, acquire, obtain and become the possessor of the truth and do not deliver it into the power of an enemy or sell it for a price; not only that, but I also get the skill and dexterity of a craftsman, correction from Jahuwah and become skilled in learning.

      According to this, “truth” is something we can “acquire, obtain and become the possessor of.” The phrase “the power of an enemy” could be the equivalent of Jahshuwah warning us not to cast our pearls before swine. The phrase “sell it for a price” is a censure upon them that sell books and tapes they claim contain the truth for a price. The phrase “become skilled in learning” indicates a principle that I know first hand; learning is a skill that can be acquired.

      Bear

      PHONE #s: 970-330-3883/720-203-5142 c.

      BEAR'S WEB PAGES:

      www.legal-research-video.com