Social Security # & babies & need for certificate

  • one
    Message 1 of 2 , May 1, 2006
      No such certificate is needed to obtain a passport. Proof of origin is
      what is needed. How are matters proved ? By testimony. Testimony by the
      mother, or another competent witness to the birth, duly written,
      witnessed, affirmed or given under oath, and recorded in a public office
      of government will be good and sufficient proof. How are certificates
      created except by testimony ? To receive money directly from Government
      requires a Social Security Account Number and to obtain that requires a
      certificate of birth, although affidavits have been substituted in the
      past. They created a birth certificate for my grandmother in her 60's.
    • hobot
      Message 2 of 2 , May 1, 2006
        My dad was born before brith certiicates and used
        simple letters/affidavits of some relatives to
        obtain passport was back in '60's.
        Oath on passport is another issue to overcome/alter.

        hobot