Re: LACK OF JURISDICTION

  • john5917b
    Message 1 of 7 , Apr 29, 2006
      --- In tips_and_tricks@yahoogroups.com, Advancepum@... wrote:

      > George, I believe the definition of moot is not to talk or to say
      nothing
      > therefore the decision must be moot (say nothing) if that's the
      ruling I think
      > that you may be able to record that and have the appeals court
      saying that the
      > decision said nothing.
      >
      > Paul
      >

      > > The defendants motion claims the decsion I'm appealing "is moot
      and that
      > > moot is jurisdictional, therefore the appeal should be dismissed
      for lack of
      > > jurisdiction."
      > >

      > > 1.
      1. To bring up as a subject for discussion or debate.
      2. To discuss or debate. See synonyms at broach1.
      2. Law. To plead or argue (a case) in a moot court.

      adj.

      1. Subject to debate; arguable: a moot question.
      2.
      1. Law. Without legal significance, through having been
      previously decided or settled.
      2. Of no practical importance; irrelevant.

      [Middle English, meeting, from Old English mōt, gemōt.]