privacy act amendment requests

  • chemelt
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 11, 2006
      Group,

      Has anyone here ever had any success getting the privacy act amendment
      request acted upon to clean up the fraud in "their" IMF files? It
      seems 7852(e) limits changes to "tax records" and even with proof that
      one is not a taxpayer and that statute doesnt apply the IRS refuses to
      do the amendment for me.

      I know Dave Miner and Chris Hanso among others seem to think one can
      clean up ones records but that doesn't seem to be the case.

      Is there some kind of secret to doing these requests?
    • Dave Miner
      Message 2 of 3 , Apr 11, 2006
        Sorry, Carol, but you have bad information. We have and are still getting
        the IMF cleaned up through the Privacy Act.

        Section 7852 limits the correction provisions to correcting the tax records.
        Tax records are later defined to include liability and amounts due, among
        other things. But cleaning up the Entity Portion of the IMF, that portion
        which describes you as a business reporting income data to another's SSN
        (among other terribly inaccurate details), THAT part can be cleaned up under
        the Privacy Act.

        Yes, there is a secret, which is why most claiming to do the job are not
        getting the job done.

        However, if you are trying to use the IMF and the Privacy Act to convince
        the IRS that it cannot levy your wages or place a lien on your house, then
        you are pretty much doomed to frustration.

        Yours in financial freedom,

        Dave Miner
        www.IRx-Solutions.com

        Has anyone here ever had any success getting the privacy act amendment
        request acted upon to clean up the fraud in "their" IMF files? It seems
        7852(e) limits changes to "tax records" and even with proof that one is not
        a taxpayer and that statute doesnt apply the IRS refuses to do the amendment
        for me.

        I know Dave Miner and Chris Hanso among others seem to think one can clean
        up ones records but that doesn't seem to be the case.

        Is there some kind of secret to doing these requests?

        Yahoo! Groups Links
      • georgelaurie
        Message 3 of 3 , Apr 16, 2006
          Not 100% sure of IRS responses to specific requests but, the IRS does not
          keep records relating to John X. Doe SSN 010-01-0101. The IRS does keep
          records relating to JOHN X DOE SSN 010-01-0101. So a request under the
          privacy act for information relating to a real person, rather than the
          fiction, will not get the expected response.