RE: [tips_and_tricks] Social Security Benefits:

  • Dave Miner
    Message 1 of 54 , Apr 2, 2006
      The simple answer to your question is the fact that, absent the current taxes paid by people like you, there are no current funds to pay benefits to people like your parents.  I mean, you don't really believe that this is an investment program where your funds are invested and held for your retirement, do you?

      Yours in financial freedom,

      Dave Miner

      Message 54 of 54 , May 27, 2006
        On May 2, 2006, at 4:23 PM, Grant Innes wrote:

        > The problem is that a certificate may be needed by the child in the
        > future, for example, getting a passport.

        Why would one "need" a passport, as opposed to just desiring the
        convenience it may afford? Most countries have provisions for
        accepting foreigners without them having a passport. A passport just
        means that the current US regime will vouch for you to a foreign
        government. People who are not foreign to that particular government
        can do the same thing. The USA may be respected somewhere still, but
        usually a country respects its own citizens more. With most countries,
        an invitation to visit from one of their nationals, plus that person's
        agreement to be responsible for you while you are there, is enough.