irs/childsupport

  • allenhuenefeld
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 1, 2006
      The IRS is keeping my federal tax return to cover a disputed debt with
      child support under IRS code 6402 c and D. ANyone know of a way
      around this. I am disputing the debt with the child support office
      because there is no way their figure is correct, unless I am paying
      for children I never knew about. The child support office says it can
      take up to a year to even get a hearing. I just want my money.
    • Randy
      Message 2 of 2 , Apr 3, 2006
        You can call the child support department and have a phone hearing.

        I don't know what the outcome would be but at least you could find out more.

        You can also request/demand a full accounting which they have to supply.