Re: [tips_and_tricks] Social Security Benefits:

  • one
    Message 1 of 54 , Mar 31 8:48 PM
      They won't let you work without showing it, so what are you to do ?
      If you had signed by X or for the NAME, it would have distinguished your
      true character and capacity better at the time. But who educated you ?
      This State, who gains by your ignorance. Does this State have a
      conflict of interest ? I think so.
      Can't applications be withdrawn, if that's what you want to do ?

      Message 54 of 54 , May 27, 2006
        On May 2, 2006, at 4:23 PM, Grant Innes wrote:

        > The problem is that a certificate may be needed by the child in the
        > future, for example, getting a passport.

        Why would one "need" a passport, as opposed to just desiring the
        convenience it may afford? Most countries have provisions for
        accepting foreigners without them having a passport. A passport just
        means that the current US regime will vouch for you to a foreign
        government. People who are not foreign to that particular government
        can do the same thing. The USA may be respected somewhere still, but
        usually a country respects its own citizens more. With most countries,
        an invitation to visit from one of their nationals, plus that person's
        agreement to be responsible for you while you are there, is enough.