Moving state case to federal court

  • chemelt
    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 16, 2006
      I have been involved in a long and arduous family court case in my
      state (SC).

      I appealled a couple orders 15 months ago. The plaintiff has stalled
      my appeal endlessly. He motioned the appeals court to dismiss my
      appeal on the stated basis that the orders I was appealling (contempt
      and temp custody order that I was found to be in contempt of) were not
      final orders. In my state (SC) any order finding someone in civil
      compensatory contempt IS A FINAL ORDER and is IMMEDIATELY appealable.
      There is NO reason for the appeals court to have dismissed my appeal
      (and of course they failed to state a reason).

      At this point I can motion for the appeals court to rehear the
      dismissal of my appeal but they will just deny my motion to rehear or
      not reverse the dismissal. THEY REFUSE TO FOLLOW THE LAW!

      I can't see any other remedy except to somehow move the case to
      federal courts (where I MAY have a chance for review). I have never
      attempted to do such a thing. I have never been in federal court. I
      have litigated in state courts for 10 years so I am well versed in
      procedure and rules there.

      10 long years I have been in family courts in two states and I have
      YET to have a judge follow the law. NOT ONCE. I am fed up with these
      corrupt state courts.

      Can I and if so how do I move a state family case to federal court?
      Anyone ever done anything like this before?
      Anyone know where I can look to find out how to do such a thing?
    • Melissa Attaway
      Message 2 of 3 , Mar 16, 2006
        On Thursday 16 March 2006 11:44 am, chemelt wrote:

        join the club i have been involved with family court for 2 years now and
        DFS/DCS here in missouri also get away with being corupt and so does the
        family court judge.How did you get it to go to federal court that is what i
        may have to do to get justice for my children and myself to let the other
        people know i mean bussiness

        > I have been involved in a long and arduous family court case in my
        > state (SC).

      • one
        Message 3 of 3 , Mar 16, 2006
          I think it's an attorney's game in the eastern State courts and that the
          judges there routinely issue orders that are not final orders, in order
          to deceive popular litigants. Now that the other side has stipulated
          that there is no final order and the appeals court has denied without
          reason stated, I don't think I would rush off to federal court, where
          there's not much interest in domestic controversies. I think I'd
          research whatever an order is called that's not a final order.
          Provisional, maybe, as are typical in a country under occupation. But,
          maybe it's a temporary order. And has expired.