Please help Joe however you can...

  • hvncb
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 5, 2006
      [Moderator/Bear: I'm am approving this post in spite of numerous references to the pagan deity Fortune. If you ask, I will send you my research on this issue. I appreciate the courage Joe Bannister displays and the fact he holds fast to his integrity in the face of IRS persecutions. I encourage you to visit his websites and give him some money if you can.]

      Freedom Above Fortune News

      Dear Friends:

      February 25, 2006 marked the 7th anniversary of my resignation from the Internal
      Revenue Service Criminal Investigation Division. With each passing year, the
      IRS intensifies its campaign of harassment against me.

      In November, 2005 I informed you that the IRS had put in motion a series of
      administrative steps that they hoped to use to obtain a court ordered zipper on
      my lips, court ordered shut-down of my website, and ultimately a prohibition
      against interacting with the public in order to inform the public about what I
      know and what has happened to me. (See www.freedomabovefortune.com , click on
      IRS LOCKOUT UPDATE in the center of the screen and scroll down to "Latest
      Harassment The IRS Has Thrown My Way" document.) Courageous attorneys from the
      Bernhoft Law Firm ( www.bernhoftlaw.com ) have stepped in once again to help me
      defend against this latest IRS onslaught.

      In early January, 2006, I learned that over the 7 years since my resignation the
      IRS has accumulated approximately 2000 pages of documents about me, as well as
      many video recordings and books that were obviously gathered during times when
      the IRS was spying on me or otherwise monitoring me. (See
      www.freedomabovefortune.com , click on IRS LOCKOUT UPDATE in the center of the
      screen, then scroll down to the bottom of the page and click on the "Freedom Of
      Information Act Response 01/04/06" document.)

      Everyone who has followed my story should find it incredibly ironic that IRS
      officials have refused for 7 years to meet with me face to face to answer my
      questions yet these same officials have monitored me closely enough to
      accumulate 2000 pages of documents, as well as videos, DVDs, and CDs no doubt
      equating to thousands more pages of documents. It is also interesting to note
      that despite accumulating all of this information about me over a five to six
      year period, and already having information about me derived from two federal
      pre-employment background investigations in the early 1990s, the IRS and
      Department of Justice could produce not one bit of evidence of wrongdoing that
      could convince a jury that I had broken any laws or acted in bad faith at any
      time in my life. Yet, the IRS and Department of Justice moved forward with
      prosecuting me anyway in June, 2005. (See also background information at
      www.ninehundred.net/banister ).

      In late January, 2006, I received notice that a "Summons" was issued to two
      banks by an Internal Revenue Service Revenue Officer in Long Beach, California,
      in order to gather more information about me. (See www.freedomabovefortune.com
      , click on IRS LOCKOUT UPDATE in the center of the screen, then scroll down to
      the bottom of the page and click on the "Summons issued 01/19/06" document.
      Note that I have redacted the names of the banks since previous disclosure of
      banking information led to the theft of funds from my legal defense fund account
      - although the funds were eventually replenished by the bank) Attorneys at the
      Bernhoft Law Firm in Milwaukee have again stepped in to help me oppose these
      summonses.

      By now there remains no doubt that the Internal Revenue Service and the
      Department of Justice will attempt any dirty trick, no matter how unjust,
      immoral or illegal, to silence and/or discredit the effort to expose the
      injustices of the contemporary federal income tax system. These agencies are
      trying to wear me down by creating so many battlefronts that I will have no
      choice but to give up. If I had relied only on myself throughout this ordeal, I
      would have had to give up long ago. However, I have not relied only on myself.
      I have humbly asked God to sustain me and thankfully He has sustained me. I
      have humbly asked my fellow citizens to pray for me and my fellow citizens have
      offered many, many prayers for me. I have humbly asked my fellow citizens to
      help me shoulder the staggering costs of keeping up this battle and my fellow
      citizens have come to my aid.

      The campaign to destroy the effort to re-establish honesty and justice in
      American taxation continues. The IRS and the Department of Justice have
      attacked many who have questioned them and they continue their campaign against
      me. I ask you to continue to pray for me and for all of us in this effort.

      With these additional attacks in the last few months heaped on top of previous
      costs incurred in defending myself before and during my June, 2005 trial, I am
      VERY MUCH IN NEED of your continuing financial support.

      In addition to defending against the recently instituted IRS attempts to obtain
      my court-ordered silence and recently instituted summons activity, I would also
      like to obtain the 2000 pages of documents that IRS spies have accumulated about
      me and post those documents on my website but the bill for producing that alone
      is over $6,000.

      Dedicated supporters have sent small donations once per week, twice per month,
      or once per month. Others have sent one-time contributions of larger
      denominations. Any and all financial help is sincerely appreciated and it helps
      me keep up the fight. Checks or money orders can be made payable to "Joseph
      Banister Legal Defense Fund". As a reminder, money orders may provide a greater
      degree of privacy to the donor than checks so use your own discretion based on
      the degree of privacy you desire. You can also visit
      http://www.ninehundred.net/banister/ to learn how you can receive information
      about my recent trial and contribute to my legal defense fund at the same time.

      Please also be aware that a "trailer" for Aaron Russo's provocative new movie
      "America: From Freedom To Fascism", which explores the existence of fraud in
      connection with the federal income tax system, is now available on the internet
      at www.seenewfilms.com . I urge you to tell every person you know about this
      film.

      -For those who are unfamiliar with what has transpired to date in this
      case, especially the recent acquittal on all charges leveled against me,
      please visit http://www.ninehundred.net/banister/ ,
      www.joebanister.blogspot.com and www.freedomabovefortune.com (click on
      "IRS LOCKOUT UPDATE"). You can also find archives of informative radio
      shows at www.hearliberty.com .

      -I am still accepting contributions to my legal defense fund due to the
      significant costs of defending against multiple IRS attacks. Checks or
      money orders are gratefully accepted and can be made payable to "Joseph
      Banister Legal Defense Fund", and mailed to P.O. Box 90239, San Jose,
      California 95109-4239. Money orders may provide a greater degree of
      privacy to the donor than checks so use your own discretion based on the degree
      of privacy you desire. Visit http://www.ninehundred.net/banister for more
      information as to how you
      can obtain information about my recent trial and contribute to my legal defense
      fund at the same time.

      -My sincere thanks to those who have prayed for the success of our
      efforts and contributed to my defense fund. Your continued financial
      support is enabling me to illustrate, in detail and in a very public
      manner, that the IRS does not prevail against citizens because the
      agency adheres to the rule of law, but that the IRS prevails against
      citizens because the agency ignores the law, twists the meaning of the
      law, and overwhelms the citizen with economic and legal burdens. In a
      school yard, such tactics are called "BULLYING". In a government
      setting, such tactics are called "TYRANNY". This effort is the
      equivalent of ganging up on the bully and sending him to reform school
      where he belongs.

      Kind regards,

      Joseph R. (Joe) Banister, C.P.A.
      Former IRS Criminal Investigation Division Special Agent
      www.freedomabovefortune.com www.joebanister.blogspot.com

      II Chronicles 7:14:

      And my people, upon whom my name is called, being converted, shall make
      supplication to me, and seek out my face, and do penance for their most wicked
      ways: then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin and will heal
      their land.

      George Orwell, 1984:

      "You are a slow learner, Winston," said O'Brien gently.

      "How can I help it?" he blubbered. "How can I help seeing what is in
      front of my eyes? Two and two are four."

      "Sometimes, Winston. Sometimes they are five. Sometimes they are three.
      Sometimes they are all of them at once. You must try harder. It is not
      easy to become sane."