Re: [tips_and_tricks] Foreclosures........

  • jessie garcia
    Message 1 of 11 , Mar 2, 2006
      Oh no I realize that. The lender was abc mortgage I paid The first month mortgage payment, the following month came around and no statement on the third month of no statement I called and they said that the note was sold to xyz mortgage. I then asked why they never notified me and they said that a letter was send out and perhaps it got lost in the mail. I called xyz mortgage and they did not have a record of my loan. I kept calling and calling but no response 6 months later they foreclose on that house w/o notifying me. I find out of the foreclosure until I saw a for sale sign from the new owners of that house. Who told me that they baught it at an auction. This was an investment property.

      Christopher Dilts <christopherdilts@...> wrote:
      Hello
      In order to answer that type of question you would have to define what the default method you are speaking of.  As to what you are refering to on the company selling the note after closing this is a common practice and is not unlawful. Mortgages have two aspects when it comes to claiming interest in the contract.
      There is the equitable interest which is usually held by the Serveicer, Mortgagee, or retained by the original lender. (This is the right to recieve payments on the debt) If the company gave you the service disclosure there is no violation of law
      There is a legal interest which is held by the holder of the note, or by the Trustee when a deed of trust is involved.  (This is the right to foreclose or call breach in a action at law)
      So you should not base your lawsuit on these grounds

      From: Doug <rudi2396@...>
      To: tips_and_tricks@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: [tips_and_tricks] Foreclosures........
      Date: Wed, 01 Mar 2006 12:23:10 -0500

      I have done a default process w/my mortgage co "Centex" and filed it
      w/the county recorders office! I have a stack of papers you wouldn't
      believe ! I also have a recording of a secretary's conversation stating
      that they

    • Advancepum@aol.com
      Message 2 of 11 , Mar 2, 2006
        Every state that I am aware of has safeguards in the rules of the courts that you must be served with a notice somehow. They probably served you with publication in "newspaper" if they didn't you can get the home back. if they published the notice there would be a bunch of leaches  Esquires mailing you letters trying to get the case from you. this tells me that there was probably fraud involved in which case you can get tripel damages in Illinois. Plus legal fees. Look it up in the court records.
        Paul